Anime Accurate MP Starscream Pic?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Incepticon, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I have read on several forums over the past few weeks how some people have seen a pic or two of a correctly colored Masterpiece Starscream that was displayed at some Japanese convention... alongside the main MP version that we have already seen a lot of.

Does anyone have this infamous pic? I have of course seen many of the fan-made airbrush recolors, but would prefer to see the *real deal* if at all possible.

The quicker I know that there's a model painted with the correct/original colors, the quicker I can decide if I should even bother ordering 2 of the current design since it only seems logical that they'll eventually release the anime version.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    There is no Anime Accurate version that I know of. The only pics that have shown anime accurate colors have been photshopped. There was a rumor about an exclusive anime accurate version from Takara via a membership, but it turned out to be nothing more than a rumor.

3. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well if they do a show accurate paint scheme, I'll save up for that. If not, I won't get it at all. Haven't seen nor heard of the pic you're talking about, but I'd love to.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm beginning to think the rumour of this supposed picture is just that, a rumour. With the way TF pics get passed around forums so quickly and create 20+ page threads, you'd think we would have all seen it by now if it was true. Probably just wishful thinking turned into alleged fact by some fan out there.

I do wonder though, how Takara would deal with the backlash if they do end up releasing a correctly colored version of Starscream after everyone buys the current version... and then possible repaints of Skywarp & Thundercracker thereafter. They must realize that there were would be a LOT of pissed off people if that happened, not so much with SW & TC repaints but definitely with an accurate SS vs the grey/blue one we're getting in a couple of weeks. I know I would feel ripped off by not being told in advance to just wait for the proper version (possibly) coming out later. But as it stands right now, I don't want to risk missing this toy just in case a repaint never happens. They really got us by the balls with this one.

5. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

Maybe they meant this one -

[​IMG]

6. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

I still suspect the rumour is true, but Takara are holding off on announcing it until MP03 ships because they know it'll canibalise sales and they don't have time to get the shipment of the Anime version ready at the same date.

Phazer

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

man, when and if hasbro releases that, in whatever colorscheme, I'll be moving those hip wing sections back to his legs like on the original prototype.

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's no official word on an "anime accurate" Starscream. However, if I were a betting man and knowing how Japanese toy companies miilk their customers...its almost a 10-1 chance we will eventually see an "anime accurate" Screamer.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

and I still don't see why they could not of just released it this way 1st. I dosn't look any less "realistic" then the one we are getting. :horse: 

10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I know this is a nitpick but it drives me crazy:

G1 Season 1-4 was not an anime!!!! Not even anime-esque, anime-based, or anime-influenced! It was as American as Ronald McDonald!

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yeah, G1 Starscream has never appeared in any transformers anime.

12. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    What about the Robot Masters DVDs?

13. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

first up, the word anime around the world means any kind of animation originating from japan. inside japan it refers to any form of animation from around the world including japan. it literally means animation to them.

Now, i had read a long time ago that the g1 cartoon had japanese artists do all the cels while eveyone else who worked on the cartoon was american.

14. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In Japan any cartoon is referred to as "anime", hence why things like E-Hobby's show-accurate Bluestreak release was called the "anime colour" version.

So, if Takara released a show-colours MP Starscream, high chance it'd be called "anime version" or somesuch.

In this case "anime" and "cartoon" are really just interchangeable terms.

That and like...G1 cartoons were done by loads of different studios, including Japanese and Korean ones. ;) 

15. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Pretty much what the others have said on this. Anime is not always equal to an emotionally challenged hero who's lusted after by a 12 year old-looking girl with bouncing boobs while fighting invading monsters and/or demons who attack and destroy cities because humans are cruel to each other, thus we should not be surprised that monsters and/or demons have come here to kill people in numerous grizzly ways, then (for some unknown reason) having the story hit the brakes just to throw in a completely and totally unnecessary shower scene...

...although that 2nd season Beachcomber-golden pond episode really pushed it.

:dj 

16. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    With Takara's history of recolors, I'd been really surprised if an MP Anime Accurate Starscream does not appear. I for one will wait patiently. I hope they do a Skywarp and Thundercracker too, but I wouldn't waste a dime on the current MP which looks like a prototype, for Thundercraker.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    You know what I meant, so don't take it so literally and get all bent out of shape.

If I meant "anime" in the true sense, I guess SS would also have to have a mouth that's just a big circle that appears & disappears when he talks... and mechanical tenticles used for some bizarre sex acts on Japanese school girls who look 12 years old that have both male & female genitals.

:) 

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    you mean low budget CG without a single 2D image through the whole thing?