Animation Studio for TF

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Furious Rodimus, May 26, 2010.

1. Furious Rodimus

Furious Rodimus Matrix Bearer

So, your given creative control of a new Transformers animated project. Who would you get to do the animation?

I think I would choose Sunrise (animation for the Gundam franchise) or Madhouse (Claymore, Death Note, Iron Man anime).

What are your thoughts?

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have a good answer, not being too familiar with studios, especially on the Japan/Anime side of things. Tokyo Movie Shinsa has done some excellent animation in some of my favorite shows though.

Sunrise would be a problem, due to their direct ties to/acquisition by/something with Bandai. It's certainly been a pain for Takara, with some of the Yuusha/Brave properties like GaoGaiGar being shared with Bandai due to the Sunrise animation connection (or so is my limited understanding)

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly? Giving it to an anime studio might not be the best idea. Gonzo did the show for a few years, and I didn't find their productions to be all that stellar. Might be a better idea to assemble a crew from scratch, rather than a studio, and then just put the pieces together to get the show made. There are plenty of good studios and people out there (especially western ones) that aren't household names, and Hasbro definitely has the resources to build a project that way.

Sunrise did GaoGaiGar and all the other Braves shows though. They were like "cousin" shows to Transformers (and have had a heavy influence on Transformers design), so yeah, maybe Sunrise could do a good job on another anime-style series.

Or, alternatively, imagine a Gainax-made TF show. One way or another, we'd all be talking about it, that's for sure.

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    With myself growing up with BW and BM, 3D IMO should be the standard. So I'll be calling up some folks over Skywalker Ranch and start working a deal.

Just take it to the next step, Hasbro and Lucas already works together with the SW TF line. Plus the regular SW stuff that Hasbro has deals with them with.

5. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

Gainax. I don't think anybody pulled off hot-blooded mecha action like they did :D 

6. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Gainax.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Blur.

Wait, how much money do we have?

8. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I can't comprehend a Gainax made TF show. The thought is too awesome for my puny mind.

9. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pixar.

Lol wut?

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah hey, if money is no object... :)