Animation errors?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

As this is a new show, I'm wondering if anybody has spotted any animation errors? We've all come to love and laugh at the silly errors in G1, but I wonder if this series will have any? Or is it so new that we're not likely going to notice them like we do now with G1?

Personally, I love the animation we've got now. I often wish G1 was done like this, but it wasn't and never will be. Certainly been a great show so far and I'm surprised how much I like it. I just hope the toy's look cool and don't look silly.

Anyway, back to animation errors. As we watch this new series, lets see if we can count how many errors the show has. So, count and mark as you watch! And post it here!

2. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    As this is a 3D animated show there's bound to be many errors in that shapes will be moving through other shapes to make the animation appear more fluid. if that makes any sense.

Because lets face it, it's not very realistic that all these robots can move the way they do without this happening. If they did they'd be falling all over the place and there'd be a lot of sparks and gears getting stripped from metal grinding against metal just by them walking.

But again, these particular errors can't be helped since they are trying to animate the robots with the movement of human beings.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

We're only three episodes in and this ain't no Cybertron/Energon. Prime is pretty polished, so I imagine it'll take some sharp eyes to spot errors.

Whereas with Cybertron/Energon you were practically watching one giant error.

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I'm already watching the spikes from Megatron's shoulders that cross over his chest to see how many times they actually pass THREW his chest.

Cliffjumpers horns are L shaped. The one horn was cut off below the bend but when Arcee picked up the severed horn it appeared to have been removed above the bend and I think when they brought in Cliffjumper's corpse he was missing the gaping hole in his chest from Starscream stabbing him earlier. And just generally the fact that Cliffjumper was disposed of twice, once off camera, and some how managed to reaper later back on top of all the scaffolding that he was thrown off of. Arcee technically should of found him at ground level instead of up above them. And he was cut in half but seemed to only be missing an arm. So I'd call that a series of plot and animation errors.

5. megapork

megapork Cheese

Humanization! Makes Your Giant Shoulder Armor Thingy thing Go Right Through You Chest.
    Im Pretty Sure I Saw A Big Hole When The Red Dead Guy Fell To His Death. Dont Forget How Arcee,Bumble Bee,Bulkhead Constantly Change Size When Transforming.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh. Bad memory much?

The horn looked just fine, the hole was still there, he was on the same plate where he fell and he wasn't cut in half he was cute like this "/" leaving only one arm attached to the half torso and head.

7. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Not an animation error, as much as a poor choice of animation, Bulkhead fighting in episode 4 had some pretty horrible scenes. At random intervals, he'd just speed the fuck up during whatever he was doing, looking really awkward and out of place. Everytime I saw his little legs running at light speed I cringed.

8. UTF

News Credits:
    That's either a really tiny bike, or a HUGE curb.

[​IMG]

9. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

It could be a huge curb. See that sometimes as a boundary to keep cars from getting on the sidewalks.
    That does not look like an animation error to me.

10. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, those scenes bugged me as well. Is Bulkhead suppose to run like that or was it a mistake?

11. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For some reason, I liked the way Bulkhead ran. :D 

12. UTF

News Credits:
    It's also the really wide road that makes me think the bike was scaled down too small for that scene. I suppose it could also be a really wide camera lens effect, but I still think it's an error.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No we wouldn't.

You don't fall over or grind parts of your body together to physical harm just by walking, do you? Just because we can't amke robots that move like this doesn't mean it's impossible. With the right joints, balance, hydraulics and counter-movement they could do it.

They're sentient robots, they've obviously evolved to be able to do all this without physically hurting themselves.

It may be a cartoon, but it's so out there already your can't really even begin to try and disprove it's science.

That's not an error, that's just how it works. It's mass-shifting, been in Transformers forever.

14. UTF

News Credits:
    Inorganic things can move in an organic way as long as there are enough joints.

YouTube - RX-79[G] / Sneezing

15. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Perhaps they wanted to portray Bulkhead as some kind of lightning bruiser.

Either way, irks me to hell. I prefer my Bulkhead to be freakin' mighty glacier.

16. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    the way bulkhead was running in ep 4

also at the end of that ep when Jack is about to leave,he's talking to Raf.at first raf's shadow is at right side ,but when the camera is close to him the shadow is at left side.
    not a big deal,though

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Not trying to bash the artistry and efforts of the animators and artists on the show, but, yeah, I noticed that too. At first I thought that they were trying to do a whole 300-esque "ramping"-thing, but it was then that I realized that they seem to be more into simple slow-motion like the live-action films. And it just looked plain weird and awkward at some points. I understand that they do want the robots to move quickly (as to make more entertaining action scenes), but Bulkhead just looked strange running like that. As whoever else above me posted, I'd prefer my Bulkhead to be a massive, somewhat slow bruiser, a hulking monstrosity of a 'bot, hold the Looney Tunes-running, please. ;) 

However, Starscream's interrogation of Fowler was excellent, in my opinion. :) 

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think that's because Raf turned around.

19. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I've just checked it.
    for like 2 seconds he was turned around,watching at bee
    after that he was in the same position as before.the shadow is still at left
    like i said before it's not like I really care about it
    bulkhead running too fast worries me more

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd find the running bad if it was anybody else, but being Bulkhead, that was absolutely hilarious.