Animated's durabilty

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AniProwl, May 5, 2008.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Can the people who own Animated toys already explain how durable each Animated toy is so far?

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I heard somebody mentioning that they dropped his Lugnut AND his Prowl from a really high place and nothing, even a paint scratch, so I guess the durability is pretty good.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Seriously, Optimus Prime fell off my counter (your average counter-top) and ALMOST (key-word: almost landed on his feet) he was unscathed, I just thought it was cool that he almost landed on his feet. They're kinda bouncy. (Disclaimer: this is an observation and I do not recommend testing you Animated figure's bounciness buy dropping it on tiled floor)

But yeah, really durable. I'd say a nine or ten out of ten. (Ten being a reasonable amount of damage these toys would be subjected to. Tossing them into a wood-chipper isn't reasonable, so it doesn't count)

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Horror story time.
    Bumblebee: Got mad and threw him across the room. Absolutely fine.

Prowl: Took him to school. He survived three overly curious teenagers that had no idea what they were doing AND two days in my pocket.

Blitzwing: He survived most of my "I wonder if this..." stuff. Not a problem.

Bulkhead: Fell down the stairs... I think he was stepped on... He's taken some abuse. No problems.

Starscream: Been here the longest, so he's probably seen the most abuse... Well, not really... He's held up to everything I've put it through.

Grimlock: I don't think this bastard can break.

Lockdown: The only one that doesn't leave my desk. I'm worried it'll wander off and get broken or something. It just feels really flimsy compared to the rest of them.

5. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    The only question I have when it comes to this is whether or not the figure has loose joints. If it has some peg that pops off EVERY time you play with it, it's most likely a no. I love figures that you can shake around and not have arms and legs falling all over.

Any problems like this?

6. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Mine are all tight-jointed, and I've "played" with them a good bit. They're all favorites of mine now, mind you I only have the first wave of "official" toys. All of them have been well-loved(read: manhandled) by my three little boys as well, and are none the worse for wear. I'd not fret over them being loose or easily-destroyed. They're the most durable of all my toys in general.

7. jfhiga

jfhiga Well-Known Member

I've noticed some stress marks on SS rear panels' pegs...

8. Deviant Anomaly

Deviant Anomaly Obsotted Fangirl

My Voyager Prime has a slightly floppy shoulder and Prowl's hip sockets are rather free-moving, but nothing that would cause a limb to come off. They are overall very solid figures. Definately made with kids in mind. :) 

:lol 

Mine is now giving me the weary eye like "don't even think about it." :D 

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    None of mine (list in my sig below) seem particularly prone to breaking that I can see, though a few of mine have some loose or poppable joints that come off way easier than I'd like (mainly Starscream's little articulated fin-things on his back, and Battle Begins Megatron's lower legs.)

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Nope, not problems here. It takes actual force to pop limbs off, though if you get overzealous transforming Lockdown, you can pop his legs off trying to get around that hook arm, but they pop back on.