Minor/Repaint: animated wreck-gar into motormaster WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ICEPnguin, Jul 18, 2009.

1. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

so this is gonna be harder than my blueprinting planned it to be. i finally have the figure broken down to a point, also since i asked if anyone had taken it apart yet, and got no answers, i thought i would show what i found out.

with the pictures, the first shows an area where you have to remove two pins in order to seperate the dumpster into halves. then its just two screws on one side and it pops apart, but where the black piece attaches i haven't been able to seperate yet.

then i have showed all the pieces that come out of the dumpster, sorry for the pun. and then in the corner you can see the cab of the truck seperated so i can use it for a little parts forming to clip to the legs for feet (bringing in a little g1-ism)

hardest thing about the cab, and im not sure if this is true of other figures, but after removing a screw there was a pin inside the plastic, holding it together, with a little force it pulled apart, but then also broke so im just gonna cut it down, and leave whats stuck. also, seemed like the two halves where glued? together. but now they aren't :eek: )

now i know he isn't the largest figure out there but i have some ideas to make him alittle bigger which envolves, elongating the dumpster, into a trailer and a little creative relocating for the legs. but i will keep everyone up on my progession

Attached Files:

2. sentinalsupreme

sentinalsupreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    thats really works good thinking

3. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a really creative idea. You did a good ob getting that figure apart. I haven't taken that particular figure apart but I've tried a universe cyclonus and, well, similar issues to you with pins in some places instead of screws, glued parts, and pins that are hard if not impossible to access...

Can't wait to see what more you do on this!

4. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Good luck maite! Lookis pretty ambitious! That makes so much sense to use him for MM. I am turning one into Rodimus. I didnt see your post asking about taking it apart. Wish I had cuz, as you know, it was a tough nut to crack.

5. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

I DARE to be Motormaster.

Good luck!