Minor/Repaint: Animated Wildrider

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Again, inspiration comes from sentinalsupreme's Animated Menasor.

Wildrider is simply a repainted Blurr, in black and red. Annoyingly, Blurr's windows don't seem to take well to paint, as i keep ending up with wide gashes/cracks that always seem to show up on the windscreen. I've tried sanding it all of and then repainting, but i gave up after 5 tries. I'd appreciate any help on the matter.

I still need to fix the paint rub issues, primarily where his hands fit in in car mode, as it seems to scrape off the paint on his paint.

Also, this marks my first AIRBRUSHED custom! Yay!

Anyways, enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Blurr looks sweet in black and red, good job! I can't get enough of the TFA stunticons

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Good work, who do you have planned for your other guys?

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Thanks.

As for the others, Breakdown's also a Blurr repaint, Drag Strip from Lockdown and Dead End from Jazz.

I figured that Lockdown would be good for Drag Strip simply because his alt mode (sans spikes) is pretty long and has low ground clearance.

5. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i look forward to the rest!

6. BruticusPrime

BruticusPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If you're going to paint clear windows....
    Pop the window out... Go anywhere nail polish is sold. Get something called nail polish primer, or nail primer or something to that effect. Paint the INSIDE of the window with ONE COAT. Then get el cheapo brand nail topper, which is clear nail polish. Paint that over the primer. You should now have a crystal clear window again. Not like glass, but clear. Then paint over that with whatever color you want to use. Let it dry over night, install the window again, no more cracks or chips. ALWAYS PAINT THE INSIDE OF THE WINDOW.
    If you break said window... Super glue the window together with a super fine bead of glue. Re-enforce the bead from the inside. When that is dry, lightly coat the outside of the window with Vaseline. Using your clear nail polish paint a layer over the Vaseline. Let dry. Do this 10-15 times (LET EACH COAT DRY). After the final coat of clear nail polish, leave to dry for 24 hours. Using an Xacto knife, carefully lift a corner of the nail polish from the window, the Vaseline should act as a release agent, peel the new window from the Vaseline. Clean it up with dish washing soap, and you have a new window.

7. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Windows? Personally, I wouldn't ever even attempt anything with nail polish when there's so many other options, it's messy, unpredictable and brush strokes are terrible. Translucent paint is the key, and if you can cut it with Pledge Future it's perfect.

Blurr's windows are actually translucent under the paint, which wipes right off with just a little rubbing alcohol. Once they are translucent, clear paint is the key.

Get some clear red. Mix it down 50% or more with Pledge Future.

2-3 light coats should give you a nice, dark redish purple tint as the windows are a dark bluish color under the paint. The future sets the paint up with a perfectly even coat that looks store perfect. You can just cut the clear paint with a little water to help with evenness if you can't afford the $6 Pledge Future.

If the windows are too dark for your liking and you want a bright red, simply paint the windows silver, then coat with clear red. Be sure to get the base silver coat nice and even, any imperfections will show through the clear red.

Oh, btw, looking at the red on the chest, you may want to look at watering your paint a bit, that looks really thick.

Black and red looks great on the mold!

8. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks awesome!

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

that turned out really well. can we get more pics?

10. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

quite a nice job you did here,though a modded head might be nice,just to add some more differences...