Animated Wave 1 Case Assortment Breakdown

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
    Wave 1 Deluxe
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HT83462A
    2x Bumblebee
    2x Lockdown
    2x Optimus Prime (Cybertron Mode)
    2x Prowl

Wave 1 Voyager
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HT83463A
    2x Bulkhead
    1x Megatron (Cybertron Mode)
    1x Starscream

Wave 1, Revision 1 Voyager
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HT83463A1
    1x Bulkhead
    1x Megatron (Cybertron Mode)
    2x Starscream

The Battle Begins 2-Pack
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HT83464
    The description seems to suggest the DVD will contain "scenes from the show". It can likely be interpreted several ways, but I get the sense that the DVD will not contain full episodes but rather just have segments of a few episodes.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  2. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Didn't we see the back of the two pack a while ago? I seem to recall it saying the dvd would have the first episode, which I took to mean Transform and roll out pt1.
    I'd have thought somebody here would have the two pack by now.

3. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well that seems sensible enough, kids watching the show are probably going to be wanting bulkhead over cybertron megs.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

BBTS had all the case assortments listed when their preorders went up, to be fair.

I'm definitely satisfied with the Deluxe breakdown. No bias to a particular figure yet, no rare chase item, just clean and simple and even distribution. Harder to do that with three Voyagers, but since we already know about a better Megatron coming and the other two can actually do stuff in the show, it'll suffice.

5. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I'm happy to see that they are at least trying to not make it next to impossible for everyone to get thier hands on at least one toy. That males me very happy cause now I can actually get the ones I want!!!! I still hate scalpers though.

6. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...sounds like the same concept as the DVD from the Classics Ops/Megs 2-pack, just some narration and a few clips from the cartoons. Strange how they seem to be going the same route as the Classics pack (2 blah figures, worthless DVD), given that the previous path made a beeline for the clearance shelf.

7. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Yeah, looks like it'll be no problem to get them all, now I just wanna know when wave two hits!

8. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah the previous Classics two pack was sort of useless. Neither figure was that great then. THat being said I like the dlx version of earth mode prime. It is different enough. But for megs it is just a smaller version of this voyager sized toy which is a bit of a waste.

But I guess for a kid who cannot possible afford or have their parents buy others, this box set should keep a kid happy for a while.

9. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Oh man, voyager Ops is wave 2? I sure hope they don't wait for 2 months between waves.

...and let the Bulkhead shelfwarming commence!...

...wow do they ever make useless 'DVD feature' two-packs...

...looks like Lockdown, Prowl and Megs is all I need out of wave 1. Better not be multiple months wait for wave 2+!!!

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Are you kidding? Bulkhead might be a "shelfwarmer" to adults, but I bet, when kids go into the store, they're going to beg for two figures: Bulkhead and Bumblebee. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but don't be surprised if Bulkhead sells faster than you expect.

11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, I expect Bulkhead to do very well, he's an appealing character and a fun looking toy.
    I know if I was a kid I'd want the big guy who breaks stuff all the time.

12. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Two deluxes and an episode from he show for $20(USD)?
    what's not cool about that?

13. Paradigm-Shift Prime

I was referring to the fact that he's x2 to the other voyager x1s in the first wave. I think kids will want him but not like BB and Prime, and parents won't like the small looking figure in a bigger box that costs them double than BB and Prime and looks a similar size (classics Prime was a shelf-warmer even though he rocked for these reasons).

Well, the classics dvd 2-pack was two 'deluxes' and a dvd and a heck of a lot wasn't cool about that. The dvd, which was useless, allowed them to charge full retail for x2 deluxes when you were getting two substandard figs and paying the extra $ for the stupid dvd.

For this one I wasn't referring to the whole package, but the DVD element of it. To me including a DVD that has just one episode in it (which this pack might not even have) is very useless...the episodes, if copied from a tv source, can be downloaded non-illegally, and kids can just go watch it on tv. I mean, what use or replay value does one episode that is really just 1/3 of a mini-movie anyways? Seems like a waste of materials to me. I'd say either include something that's not useless on these dvds or cut them out...but then it wouldn't look like a big box set with all the space they can take up with that dvd case in the box.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  14. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Got a friend who has an Entertainment Earth Wholesale account. Getting those assortments nice and cheap!

15. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I've got bulkhead and although not appealing from the offset when you get him he is one of the coolest figs going! highly recommended!

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bulkhead's alt mode is way bigger than deluxe alt modes, and they won't know his bot mode is shorty before they paid it.

17. Paradigm-Shift Prime

It's really not that much bigger. I have him and BB here side by side and his is only marginally bigger.

And there I wasn't talking from my perspective (I think Bulkhead rocks the party too, a great fig!), but from that of parents, where higher price for what seems like not much more (he looks pretty small in package, and bland compared to say SS when he is just a green rectangle) would be a detractor, just as voyager classics Prime.