Animated vs Prime - Which Season 1 was better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, Oct 25, 2011.

?

Which season is better

1. Transformers Animated: Season 1

75 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Transformers Prime: Season 1

193 vote(s)
    72.0%
  1. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

transformers animated didn't start getting good for me, until season 1's final episode, the return of megatron two parter.

THAT was when it was good to me.

how ever transformers prime didn't exactly start getting that great until the last 6 or 7 episodes.

the episodes between the five part mini series and the last 6 episodes *before the 3 parter* all seemed just like filler.

so at this point i'd say they are about tied. since both of them had great episodes in both season 1's, but didn't really hook me until the end of the season.

so i'd say they're tied.

2. Starscream

Starscream No Compromise

Animated grew to the best TF series I have ever seen. As far as first seasons go, Animated wasn't super amazing compared to the final two, but I understand it was leading the story into the greatness that was to come. Prime didn't really get moving, I didn't really find many characters engaging, but if it can do what Animated did with the later seasons it still might be saved. The good episodes were really good.

So my pick is Animated.

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Prime.....but I still like Blizwing.:) 

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this, even when new episodes of prime came out after a month here and there, i still waited a week or two to watch them, the excitement wasn't there, whereas animated, from the pilot onward, i was waiting for it every saturday. don't get me wrong, i still like prime, but animated was awesome. prime's season two looks promising, and i hope they cut out those ridiculous gaps in episodes, that killed any momentum the series was gaining with me, re-watching season 1 now is helping to regain it though

5. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Animated did a better job of establishing a context within which the transformers existed. That having been said I was no fan of most of the human villains and found the episodes involving them to be forgettable.
    Prime has more interesting action, but not as much context. It almost happens in a vacuum, or within a carefully controlled environment of "nothing else is happening here AT ALL"....until the end of the season where the apple cart gets upset just for shits and giggles. I liked most of the episodes more so than Animated S1.
    Animated hit its stride with the next two seasons and was the last series since G1 that left me wanting more, but for now Prime is king. Or Pax...

6. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I have to go with Animated. Animated gave all of the main cast character development and had a lot of interactions between the characters. Where as with Prime at the end of the first season there are still several undeveloped characters and it doesn't really feel like the Autobots interact with each other much. Plus Animated didn't have me starting to dislike main characters during the first season.

7. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I could never really get into Animated. It's just too kiddy-oriented to me.

Prime though, I thought was pretty good, and just kept getting better as the season went on. The finale was great! I have to go with Prime, but I'm trying to watch Animated again and give it another chance...

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Prime is better that Animated. I don't know why I did collect the Animated toys.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated:2c: 

Prime is good but Animated was just an amazing show.

10. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Animated easily.
    The whole season felt fresh, exciting and fun. Megatrons behind the scenes machinations as a disembodied head were simply delicious. Even the OTT human villains had me entertained.
    I do like Prime, but it's been a bit of a slow burn compared to the brash all out fun of the first series of Animated, and had been lacking a certain amount of chutzpah until the tail end of the season.

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Animated.

12. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

if i had to choose, i'd prob go with animated. the first few episodes weren't too bad. prime was good too.

if we weren't forced to choose between the two choices available, i'd personally opt for beast wars :D 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The real deciding factor for me is the endings of each season. Animated ended on a fight with Megatron, because they knew he was enough to make the story engaging. Prime busted out Unicron and still didn't feel as meaningful as Animated. Animated also used the already established Allspark as their Deus Ex Machina, which made it more acceptable. We all knew it was going to come down to that from day 1. Prime (the show) reveals the Matrix literally right at the very end, has Optimus use it with barely a fight, and it's over.

The only thing I found interestign at all about Prime's season ender was Optimus losing his memories and thinking he and Megatron are buddies. THAT's good. Stuff like that, situations we've never seen before, that's what you should be doing, Prime.

14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

For me it was the reverse. Even in the final fight Prime was losing to Megatron despite being weaponised and beefed up with the Magnus Hammer and had to be saved by DEM. I disliked he constantly got his ass kicked. That´s the difference between Prime and Animated, Prime actually knows how to fight.