Animated Voyager Thundercracker?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Th0r4z1n3, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Wondering if anyone's heard any news about this figure. I remember GenZhao posting some pics back in November of one that he got his hands on, saying that they were expected out in spring 2010. Well it's almost Spring 2010 and I haven't heard or seen anything else about it. Anyone here if it's been canceled or on schedule for release?

Just curious.

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I've been wondering that too. I have the sinking feeling that this figure, Blackout, Rodimus, Ironhide, and any other remaining Animated figures might not see the light of day. That would be a real shame.

3. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    Hasbro released official images of Thundercracker and Mudbuster Bulkhead on January 20.
    Official Images of Animated Mudbuster Bulkhead and Thundercracker - Transformers News

That's only about a month ago. Unless something has changed in the past month, I'd assume that these 2 are still on target for a spring release. Hasbro just did 10 exclusives in February (Devastator, 2 scout 2-packs, 3 legends 2-packs, 2 Animated deluxes, Shanghai Showdown and Nebular Starscream). Now we're still waiting for Shanghai Showdown and Nebular Starscream to show up (and a lot of folks still haven't seen Arcee or Cybertron Mode Ratchet either), so I kind of suspect Hasbro needs to sell through a bit more of this current batch of exclusives before they can sell the next batch to some stores.

I personally haven't seen Animated Arcee yet, but from the sounds of it, she's flying off the shelves at most stores that get them in. That seems like it should bode well for future Animated releases.

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Many of these figures have already been produced in factories and are awaiting stores to sell them. They will be released one way or another. Worst case scenario, they'll be slipped into Generations. But the toys are coming out.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah they will be coming. a few blackouts just got sold on ebay.

ive got thundercracker and blackout already and they are really nice.

as of now the 2 blackouts i have have 2 different paint apps/schemes on the face.

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Every time someone says this it really makes me frustrated. They will, even if Hasbro doesn't release them first. Takara is releasing Animated toys, including Blackout. And it would be crazy to think that Rodimus wasn't.

7. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    They will be out. Hopefully the sort of buzz around Arcee will show Hasbro the line is still very much alive

8. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I highly doubt Animated's gonna continue. With absolutely no mention of the Animated toys shown at this year's ToyFair, I think it's safe to say that Hasbro pretty much said "fuck it" to the rest of the Animated toys.

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Hey, I'm with you (and sorry to frustrate you)... I hope they do come out, and I think you're right, the chances are that they will because the molds presumably already exist.

Eh, I bet you're right. I mean, there have been plenty of cancelled TF figures, but most don't make it to the mold/promo pics stage before they vanish. And if they do, it's usually just a redeco, not a brand new mold.

Well, here's to hoping!

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    We're getting them eventually. They've been through production, and Hasbro HAS to sell them to avoid losing money.

11. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I figured even if we didn't get them that they would be released in Japan, but if I can avoid paying those import fees it'd be nice :D 

Truthfully I'm hoping Japan gives us some more Seeker redecos, I'd import them in a heartbeat.

12. col

col ROCK LORD

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think the most likely result will be them being released in the Generations line. I just hope the rest won't be frickin' exclusives, and if they are, they won't be exclusives at frickin' Toys R Us.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I certainly hope they come out with Animated Voyager Thundercracker, along with the rest of the Animated toys scheduled to come out this year.

I agree with Col.... I hope they're not exclusives, like Arcee. I'd really like to be able to buy these figures from the store and not having to buy them at ridiculously high prices off the internet, especially eBay.

14. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Yeah cause it's not like a deluxe costs $25 in Japan, or voyager $40. Oh wait....

15. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    This is why I'd be buying a Takara Thundercracker anyway just like I'm buying Arcee and Blackout. I'm not going to keep driving to a specific store god knows how many times just to find one or two figures. Especially a store that is particularly bad at getting new stock.

16. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    They're going to be released. Just give it a moment.

17. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    That's the only way I can think of for Hasbro to release those toys; just put them in Generations packaging, and there ya go.

18. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    YEAH! ANIMATED RAMJET AND SLIPSTREAM! If Hasbro just being dumb to sell Voyator Thundercracker so that can did what they done with Arcee and Cyb Ratchet sold them under Toy R us with Blackout.

19. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't Arcee & Ratchet show up spontaneously (when they were first sighted) and technically a bit earlier than their expected release date? I started worrying about Arcee too because of the lack of news, and the lack of updated information from Hasbro is annoying...but with Arcee and Ratchet showing up, I'm more confidant that Thundercracker and the Bulkhead repaint will show up sometime in the near future (and hopefully the other announced figures as well).

Plus, even with the economy still scuffling, with all the Transformer-mania and Hasbro making a point to state at last year's Botcon that the remaining Animated toys would hit toy shelves, I would think it would be somewhat humiliating for them to renege from that, if they ever changed their minds.

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    They have changed their minds all the time. It would be nothing new from them.