animated voyager starscream question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by justinRODimus, Jul 24, 2008.

1. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

hey i just got starscream and i don't think i'm transforming him right, i got him to robot mode, then tried to go back to the alt mode but i couldn't remember where the arms go so i looked up a review (i have a hunch i fudged the gears the first time i transformed him) so i got the arms into somewhat correct position but they're not really anchored down. they really wiggle around alot. i mean i know they're hidden but it just still doesn't seem right. are they supposed to be like that?

2. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I think you push the shoulders up and they kind of click into place.

3. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    They'll wiggle in terms of rotating a bit, yes. They don't lock into anything, but are held from swiveling out too much by his legs.

4. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

5. yovnocrats

yovnocrats Well-Known Member

pushing his fingers upwards so they hit the small panels on the back of his alt mode creates a little pressure and friction to hold them securely. and if you have them right, you can flip his blasters 180 degrees to hold onto his underside.

6. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

lol, that was the first place i looked before making this thread.

and i gotta say, i'm not as impressed with this figure as i thought i would be. its very difficult to transform into alt mode and when i transform to bot mode, sometimes the nose cone still hangs out and i have to push it in to secure his waist. i mean it's a good toy (and a good character imo, the only reason i got it in the first place) but i think it's easy to get his gears all messed up.

7. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    From plane to robot he's actually a quick transformation, but back to plane I didn't mess around with. He looks good up on the shelf in bot form.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    This is what I do, he's a real pain in the @$$ to try to get back into jet mode right, ah well.

9. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

I hear you getting him back to plane mode is a pain in the ass.

10. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I just turn him upside down(so his head is facing the ground) and slowly pull the nose up and snap the legs in place. Pretty simple once you get the hang of it

11. RuntimusPrime

RuntimusPrime Member

Pieces falling off Animated Starscream

Has anyone had trouble with the 2 pieces between his engines coming off? Mine always are falling off during the transformation.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The only flaw with SS's gimmick I see is that they made the arms spring-loaded wheras everything else is on gears. If tehy had just made them gears aswell there would be no problem with gears falling out of place due to them. As it stands they spring forward, btu you still have to swing them back as you unfold him as if they were on gears anyway.

Aside from that I love SS. I just wish his wrists rotated or were facing the right way. God that bothers me.

Oh, and Runtimus Prime: I don't have taht issue. Though I barely acknowledge those peices at all to begin with.