Animated Voyager Speculation

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DanicusTF(cdn), Mar 31, 2010.

1. DanicusTF(cdn)

DanicusTF(cdn) Well-Known Member

By now alot of us have seen the Hasbro QnA update regarding the remaining Animated releases. Now that Rodimus and Ironhide are TRU exclusives, and that Hasbro can no longer promise us further retail releases at present, what options could remain for the Voyagers that we know are produced, such as Thundercracker, Blackout and the Bulkhead repaint? Could they wind up as convention exclusives? Could Hasbro throw them up on their Toyshop site? Or maybe stockpiled in a warehouse, or melted back down to their plastic components?

2. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It really depends on how well the latest releases sell. If Toys R Us are happy with sales, i wouldn't be surprised if they ask for more Animated exclusives.

3. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

I think what does not get put out buy hasbro will be put out by takara. At least I hope they will I love animated.

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Animated Arcee, Rodimus and Ironhide are TRU exclusives, then I don't know why they don't have the three listed on their website. I keep checking and the figures are never there.

5. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

All I care about are Rodimus and Ironhide. The rest can either release or not. If they do great I'll get them but not hurting for them.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This. ... These.

7. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Unfortunately HTS is just not set up like that and Hasbro seem unable/unwilling to go down this route. The Matty Collector model has worked, but hit by criticism over quick sell outs.

If Hasbro did pre orders for the remaining toys and IF they got the numbers then did the production, that would be a route to market. Unfortunately I think unless they release them for retail and don`t charge shipping they will still catch fan rage.

8. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    I think that Takara will end up releasing any/all that Hasbro doesn't put out. Heck, we know that Blackout has at least been produced in enough quantity that he's ended up on ebay and there are preorders for him at various places.

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I hope Blackout, Wingblade Optimus, and Rodimus all make it to shelves.

10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thundercracker is the only one I care about just so I can finish off my seekers.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I certainly would like a release of the rest of the Seeker Clones -- Thundercracker, Slipstream, and the white one... is it Ramjet or Dirge?

Hopefully they will release Blackout as well. Probably wouldn't mind a Voyager Spittor and Voyager Strika.

12. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I'd say that the last wave with the Bulkhead repaint and TC will come out at mass retail. Perhaps even Blackout. The rest will end up exclusives.

13. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'm hoping to see T-cracker to complete the seeker set but I've got Takara Blackout pre-ordered, so if he does get a release by Hasbro or not, I'm not too concerned.

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I just hope that TFA sells well enough in Japan to get unmade figures made by Takara....I'm looking at your Omega Supreme.

Who am I kidding, I loved the show and the designs so much I would by any new mould made.

Thanx
    Transbot9021

P.S. But I dream about Supreme Class Omega Supreme

15. DanicusTF(cdn)

DanicusTF(cdn) Well-Known Member

Who doesn't?

I know its probably a long shot now, but I really hope that Hasbro does find an outlet for the Voyagers. The only thing bugging me about the Japanese Animated figures is the use of shiny cromish paint. I know they don't cover every figure, but it bugs me nonetheless. Seeking how Starscream turned out, I am afraid of what a Japanese Thundercracker would look like.

Maybe SDCC might get a couple as exclusives this year?

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly. Shiny paint does not belong on animated figures. The show designs where very flat in colour.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

17. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    I'm fairly confident the missing Voyager figures that have already been produced will at least be released in Japan (assuming Animated does well there). I'm not so sure about the rest of the world, however. Just to be safe, I preordered a TakaraTomy Animated Blackout last night after reading the thread about Rodimus and Ironhide. I definitely don't want to miss out. If he does make it out in the US at some point, I'll happily pick up that version, as well.

Out of the missing figures, I'm really only interested in Thundercracker, Hydrodive Bumblebee and Wingblade Optimus. The more show-accurate Oil Slick was looking nice, as was the Blurr repaint, but I can live without them if need be. I had zero interest in Goldfire Grimlock and the funky Bulkhead repaint.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I hope Thundercracker get a release at some point since I'm a seeker sheep...the others can be melted down and be used for future releases for all I care.

Edit: That's pretty selfish of me to say, opinion or not....I know the others are wanted by quite a few people so hopefully they're released so they can be made happy.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Aside from the movie stuff, when was the last time Takara actually finished a line?

Armada?

20. Cheez Doodle23

Cheez Doodle23 Plastic Crack Club Member

News Credits:
    I hope not but, I think the rest of the animated line that we may see in the US will be exclusives. As long as TRU keeps wanting them. I preordered Blackout just in case we never see a state-side release though and activators Cliffjumper should be here next week. Yay!