Animated versus Henkei/Classics, which one is better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kingplay, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think I am going to rebuy all the henkeis anymore, I sold all my classics thinking I will just get all Henkeis.

Before I thought Classics/Henkei were the best G1 homage, but now the more I look at the Animated figures, the more I feel Animated is superior in almost every way.

Animated is better looking...
    Animated has better engineering...

Is it just me, trying to trick myself, to not spending money buying all the Henkeis?

Or are people feeling the same way?

ANIMATED BLOWS CLASSICS AWAY!

2. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Me, love em both. Animated and Classics 1.0 are both awesome toylines. Classics 2.0, meh, more misses than hits for me ATM, but there are a few i plan on getting come retail.

Classics gave me the whole G1 nostalgia trip and got me back into collecting toys. It was a sweet feeling, transforming them for the first time in AGES. I don't recall having this much fun with toys before, let alone Transformers.

Animated i like for the toy design aesthetic and the amount of engineering thought they put into the figures. Poseability is top notch for some figures, and almost the entire line is definitely going to end up on my shelves. I can't speak for the people who got bad QC for their stuff, but mine is pretty GTG out of the box.

Now if we're talking G1 homages, i still prefer Classics. there's a reason why its called that.

3. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    animated kicks classics butt! :) 

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Eh not that fond of classics. Though I only own one figure from the line (Megatron), and there are some I want (SDCC Nemesis Prime, who I will be picking up, Jetfire, and maybe some stuff from 2.0), I want damn near everything from Animated. Really not feeling much excitement or interest in a lot of Universe.

5. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    animated sucks. Classics/Henkei/Universe 2.0 FTW!!!!

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    they both are awesome.:bay 

I have the whole released henkei and love them but they are DIFFERENT than animated.

Animated has some of the best molds ever made but are DIFFERENT than classics.

classics are realistic alt modes and animated is realistic bot modes.

The point being they are different styles and both rock.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What he said. I love both. That's allowed!

8. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I've been a huge fan of Classics (tho not enough to get Henkei Megatron and TC.. yet) Animated have really opened my eyes to its awesomeness. I love all the G1 homages, super articulation, and coolness factor is second to none. I plan on taking extended break from collecting TF after Animated and Classics line ended, cuz I don't think there'll be another line that can rival these two for a long time.

But if I have to pick one line to collect it's got to be Animated simply because it's got Blitzwing. I love that toy.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I'm not a big fan of the G1 cartoon or toys, but I have a lot of nostalgia in the series that the Classics line fulfills.

I love the Animated cartoon but I'm not entirely sure that I want the toys.

Funny how that all works out.

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I have to say Animated, unfortunately even with Classics 2.0 the only ones I really still really like are Henkei Megatron and Mirage. Other then that there are a few more that are ok (Henkei Astrotrain, Octain) but the majority I was pretty unimpressed with. Animated too were going to get a full line out of it and there's already quite a bit that I'm liking.

11. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Animated looks like last years Fast Action Battlers which look like the pre-school TF's from a few years ago which look like BABY TOYS! Anybody that trys to argue with that is simply in denial.

Henkei/Classics/Universe actually look like Transformers toys.

12. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like both actually. Animated has interesting designs and neat features, but I most of the Henkei/Classics. Classics Bumblebee and Jetfire are definitely in my top favorites. I also like Henkei Astrotrain alot, I didn't like the classics version, but I am very fascinated with the Henkei one.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I love both lines. They're both brilliantly designed and engineered, and a lot of fun.
    No they don't.
    No they don't.
    No they don't.
    No they aren't.
    You don't speak for anyone but yourself, and you really should try to remember that.

14. cecilvaliant

cecilvaliant Autobot's Human Friend

Ebay:
    i like classics line more, as they are homage to the G1. i would like to collect the old g1 figs, but they are pretty costly for me, and so classics line is more affordable and i like the designs of how they are "upgrade to modern" figures of the old G1s. i cant wait for classics v.2 to come out =]

15. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Yes they do.

Yes they do.

Yes they do.

Yes they are.

Animated sucks the big one. It doesn't so much homage as it does ruin, everyone is either childish, noobish or stupid in the series. It took basic TF knowledge and turned it into toddler prime time television.

I'm NOT sorry to say I will NOT be wasting a dime on animated. Classics/Universe is WAY better than animated, more realistic, cool alt modes, cool bot modes and the homages are all way better.

Animated looks like it was designed by playskool, what's next? Play-do minicons?

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    regardless if ya like it or not, they look nothing like FABs or preschool toys. pre-teen toys? yes, as they're meant to, as that's the target audience. I have a FAB Starscream and Ramjet (seeker collector) and animated Starscream as well, and there isn't a single thing about them that I could say they share beyond that they turn into jets. FABs suck, there's hardly anything to do to tranform them since they're designed to be super easy and simple. Animated, on the other hand, transform just the same as all other full-sized TFs do.. PLUS they're fully articulated, which FABs are not.

17. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Umm...sorry to burst some bubbles, but the two lines dont even BEGIN to compare. Classics/Universe outdoes Animated by leaps and bounds. The overall design alone is just superior.

Not getting into why I hate the Animated show, the toys themselves are cartoony, fragile, and poorly designed. So far, I only care for 2, MAYBE 3 of them(Leader Megs, Lockdown, and Grimlock). But I have my issues with the latter. I just bought Lockdown the other day, and while I admit hes an awesome car, I have some SERIOUS issues with his robot mode.

Now the Classics line remade the EXACT same characters we know and love (HotRod, Skywarp, and a Starscream that DOESNT look like hes sniffed too many markers) , useing the same continuity/story arcs we are familiar with (Judgeing by the Bios on the back of the packaging), look anything BUT cartoony, and for the most part are very sturdy. As far as articulation goes...last time I checked the classics were fairly articulated.

Just my two cents.

Classics FTW.

18. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    Here's a rebuttal for both of you:

Classics and Animated win.

The End

19. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Im not gonna knock anyone out there for likeing Animated....I just dont really like it. IMO Classic are better.

20. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am collecting all three Animated, Classics, Henkei, along with Diamond busts, Masterpieces and Encore reissue. I am big into G1 go figure huh, I don't know what it is about Animated but I am buying them.