Animated Ultra Magnus problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by heshanj, Aug 17, 2008.

1. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    hi guys...
    i got my leader class ultra magnus today...and i really like the figure...
    i found it a bit hard to transform really, especially the arms bit (maybe those of u who own him will understand)...anyway, once he's in his vehicle mode, there's a balance problem..the left rear pair of wheels do not touch the ground..theyre about a millimetre suspended and do not turn when i push the vehicle..
    i tried retransforming the legs and a lot of things...i did pretty much everything except do it all over again, really...im just wondering if this is a common problem, or if it is a defect with mine only..and if there is a way to fix this...
    if there is, please let me know..i love this figure and i dont want it to have a problem, even if its kinda small and doesnt show at all (its in my head) :D 

2. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Any pics? Hard to tell what you're trying to describe.

On mine, the front cab won't close together completely, so there's a very tiny gap in between. But really, its hardly worth mentioning coz i keep him in robot mode anyway.

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    hard to see on a pic, i guess...i'll post a pic soon...but wat im trying to say is that in vehicle mode, he's sitting on 3 wheels, instead of all 4..the left rear wheel (pair of wheels) is not touching the ground...

4. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Ok, i'll try fiddling with my UM and see what could be the source of the problem.

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    thanks, appreciate it

6. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Ok, here's how i have UM's legs transformed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the underside:
    [​IMG]

Make sure that his legs are straight and flushed like so:
    [​IMG]

Then fold it all up and tab it at the center:
    [​IMG]

One important thing to take note, make sure the front wheels are also locked into the front cab section nicely:
    [​IMG]
    This could be the only likely source of your problem if you have it mistransformed. Other than that i really have no idea why yours is like that.

Hope this is of some help.

7. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great tutorial bro, very detailed. :thumbs2: 

8. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    yeah..thanks a LOT for ur trouble, really appreciate it...i havent even tried it out yet, i just saw it, and wanted to thank ya..will check n compare with ur pics right now...cheers!

edit: ah no, same problem..thanks for ur help..i guess its a defect then? :( 

9. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Are the wheels at the same height? It seems unlikely, but the factory might have assembled it wrongly or something.

Honestly, i don't know what the problem could be. But this kind of thing does happen. Some of my car-formers also have wheels that don't fully touch the floor so they don't spin as much as the other wheels.

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    ive been trying to figure it out too...maybe i'll just do it all over again and see...its not too bad, really... its hardly noticable..but yeah, those wheels dont spin when pushed....
    everythign looks about the same height...but the left wheels just dont touch the ground enough