Animated Toys - What could have been?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TerraDestroyer, Nov 27, 2009.

1. TerraDestroyer

TerraDestroyer "Sometimes crazy works."

News Credits:
    Now that ROTF has essentially co-opted the franchise and new Animated toys are trickling in with incredible infrequency (seriously...where the hell is my Wingblade Optimus?!), it looks like we won't be getting toys of certain characters like I'm sure many of us were hoping. Nevertheless, it could be fun to sit back for a moment and consider what toys COULD have been, had the line continued and Hasbro gotten more experimental, perhaps like the ENERGON line.

For example:

Deluxe Bomb-Burst - Meltdown's hideous bat-monster! Complete with flapping wings!

Deluxe Submarauder - Meltdown's vicious shark-beast! Pincer-snapping action!

Voyager Rock King (in case Rock Lord can't be used by Hasbro) - Giant alien life form! Transforms into asteroid with spring-loaded action!

Constructicons Unite Triple-Pack - Dirtboss (with spinning drill), Mixmaster (with "cement" chest missile) and Scrapper (with striking shovel) combine to form DEVASTATOR!

Supreme/Ultimate/Leader/Whatever OMEGA SURPEME - 'Nuff said.

Any other ideas?

2. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Most TF toylines have toy only characters that never appear in any other fiction, but Animated was the exception, except for Oil slick.
    I was always curious if the series was treated with more toys, what kind of non-show characters would we have gotten?

3. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    uh oil slicks in season 3, along with the animated comics

4. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I would say that Hasbro probably wouldn't have ever just stuck a non-transforming toy in deluxes, but then I think about ROTF Ravage...So who knows...Maybe they could have.

That would have been bought on site. lol

The potential that this could have happened will always haunt me.

Something I think would have been kinda neat is if they did a 4 to 3 inch human figures sub line. I know it wouldn't have been perfectly in scale, but hell, neither are most of the transformers themselves.

There probably wouldn't have been much of a market for it, but I totally would have bought little figures of Meltdown, Cyrus Rhodes, (He'd be about the same size as the Hulk in the Marvel-U line.) Angry Archer, Isaac Sumdac, Sari, Fanzone.
    Actually, a lot of people would probably have brought Fanzone. Especially at 4" he would have been able to ride deluxe Prowl in Bike-mode.

5. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Three words- Leader Class Lugnut.

Phrases:
    "All Hail Megatron!"
    "For the Glory of the Decepticons!"
    "None can defeat Lugnut!"

With Opening Missile Panels, Giant-er Mace, and the Punch of Kill Everything.
    That is all.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

'Tis a shame that Wheeljack and Perceptor never made it to toy form.... as well as Brawn, Tracks, Ramjet, Slipstream, Cyclonus, Highbrow, Strika, Grandus, and many others.

I'm not lamenting the lack of an Afterburn toy, though. :p 

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deluxe Spittor

Vehicle head speats two orangey missiles etc.

Deluxe Yoketron

Uh, No idea what he would do really, I just liked his design

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    My dream want list, with suggestions for functions/features:

Autobots

Activators Brawn
    Deluxe Red Alert (with a set of surgical tools, somewhat like Ratchet)
    Deluxe Perceptor (transforms into and functions as an actual microscope, albeit a simple one)
    Deluxe Wheeljack (with dual-function altmode, perhaps a car altmode that can transform into a flight capable one)
    Deluxe Yoketron (doesn't have to be a new mold, a Samurai Prowl redeco will do)
    Leader Grandus (with battery powered movement in altmode and foldout repair/storage bays)
    Supreme, uh, Omega Supreme (with full armament loadout and sound clips, Omega Sentinel repaint is a must)

Decepticons

Activators Dirt Boss
    Deluxe Reflector (along G1 lines - splits into Spectro, Spyglass and Viewfinder)
    Deluxe Scrapper (with spinning drill, folds out from Deluxe-sized vehicle mode to Voyager-sized robot like Lockdown does)
    Deluxe Slipstream (scaled-down redeco/retool of the Starscream mold)
    Leader Lugnut (with sound clips, multiple missile launchers and P.O.K.E.)
    Voyager Mixmaster (with some kind of water-shooting gimmick to simulate his acid/cement shooters)
    Voyager Spittor (with retractable tentacles that produce a whipping action when a toggle is pulled)
    Voyager Strika (with some kind of missile gimmick)
    At least three other Constructicons of Deluxe/Voyager size class, to form Devastator
    A third Soundwave repaint (the white one), with a drum kit accessory that transforms into Rumble and Frenzy

9. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ This :cool: 

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mostly I would have just wanted the Constructicons and Omega Supreme, Though I would have loved to have seen some (official) figures of the humans, even if just little "Robot Heroes" PVCs.

... And Slipstream & Red Alert. :) 

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  11. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'll always be tortured by what should've been and what could've been. They definitely should've done Omega Supreme and the Constructicons.

Beyond that, I was really disappointed that they didn't do some of my favourite designs, like Beachcomber and Wheeljack. Tracks was another good one.

One of the big missed toy opportunities on the show was the Cybertronian minibot design. Wasp, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Glyph... I wanted them all. Wyatt handed Hasbro this perfect opportunity to do worthwhile repaints, and they just wasted it. They were all great designs too.

12. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    Constructicons would have been cool to see...especially since they had a recurring role on the program.

13. Seibermore

Seibermore Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I watched the show even though I hated it until season 3, but I did want the constructicons.

14. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I can't help but wonder if the resources used on Roll out Prime would've been better directed towards another Leader Class mold: Eg Lugnut.

15. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Animated Wheeljack and Animated Perceptor. Those two are the last toys I wanted from that toyline.

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Omega Supreme. Even as a Deluxe or a Voyager as a surprise in Universe.

That's the only character I feel really robbed of.

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    my only regret is that we didnt get toys of at least one of Sari's two forms.

None of the bots really matter to me, when thinking of "what could have been". I just want some kind of official sari figure. because the unofficial ones look like ass.

18. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

I would buy all of those, except the activators, turn those into scouts or deluxes and those are some more purchases. Also, give me deluxe cliffjumper. Also, if we are asking for more constructicons, we might as well ask for more dinobots. Leader class Sludge and deluxe Slag (or whatever you want to call him)

Also, scout Huffer and Pipes, just for the TF versions of the Mario Bros.

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Hey now, that's an insult to asses everywhere.

20. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

Omega Supreme. God damn it Hasbro, PLEASE, we will do ANYTHING!