Animated Toys: Lugnut and Bulkhead

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kllrwlf, Jan 20, 2009.

1. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

I pretty much have all of the Animated Toys except for Lugnut and Bulkhead.

Lugnut just looks wrong as a Voyager size... and I'm just not into his character.
    I just don't like Bulkhead.

Part of me is to just buy them both... just to have them.
    Other part of me says to save my $60 ($40 for Bulkhead and $20 for Lugnut).

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Nope, got em both. Like them both quite a bit too.

3. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love Bulkhead...but he is the epitome of animated...teeny legs, dopey grin...so if you're not into it, you won't like him.

I never wanted Lugnut, he's just too tiny, but once I had him, I really enjoy him. His transformation is very nice, and the way his head pops up is cool. I wish he was bigger. He is really a deluxe with a tail. I got him during that crazy amazon sale during the holidays.

4. fa11enwing

fa11enwing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got both of them, well three (Lugnut, voyager and leader Bulkhead)

Its fun playing Lugnut and voy. Bulkhead together.

[​IMG]
    :lol 

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At the very least, get Leader Bulkhead if you get any of them. I like him. Technically he's not the most cartoon accurate when it comes to the weapons, but he's much more accurate sizewise compared to the Voyager. I'm passing on Lugnut for now. If the Animated line meets a premature end, then I may end up picking it up later but for now I'll decline and see if a Leader Lugnut ever comes out. I'm not assuming or betting on that happening, but if it does I'd rather pick that one up.

6. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    get leader bulky and get lugnut too.. both are awesome figures.. sure, lugnut is a bit small for his character but its still a cool toy..

7. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

I agree, get a Bulkhead and Lugnut. I went with Voyager Bulkhead, and if you don't mind him being out scale, he's a great choice. He has great poseability and tonnes of character. Personally, I can't stand the look of the Leader class Bulkhead. He just looks wrong all over.

I wasn't planning on getting Lugnut, but he was one of the few figures I could find on my trip to the States last summer, so I picked him up and was very pleasantly surprised with him. Again, great poseability and lots of character for such a small figure. His transformating is great and his mace-gimmick is just downright cool.

So yeah, get yourself a Bulky and Lugnut for sure. Like I said, if you don't mind Bulky being a little on the short side, go with the Voyager. He looks better with Lugnut and your wallet will thank you :D 

8. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I picked up both awhile back and am glad I did. I got the Voy Bulkhead so he's on a similar scale to Lugnut, at least those two are somewhat in scale even if they are tiny compared to the other figures. But really they are both great toys and definately worthy additions to any Animated collection.

9. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Yeah, Lugnut will win ya over after you fiddle a bit, he really is an excellent figure.

As for Bulkhead, go for the voyager, he is a tubby bot made for wreckin some cons

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'd say go for Lugnut ASAP, then get V Bulkhead and save up for leader. All amazing figs and the Voyager LN and BH are pretty much my favourite Animated figs. I just love to play with them and TF them over and over.

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Both Bulkheads have some fantastic engineering. I prefer the Voyager size one, but the Leader is closer to scale with other toys which is a huge plus.

Lugnut looks ok in robot mode, but is tiny, even for a voyager. The plane mode is terrible.