Animated Toy Pre-Order?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jestermon, Feb 24, 2008.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

So, I am positively tired of going to Wal-Mart after getting robbed the other night in the street I have no urge to go back into the low income Mecca of the local Wal-Mart/TRU, do they put pre-orders out on the domestic toys like they do Japanese items and such?

I know they have them on e-bay, and that they will eventually be on Hasbro and TRU, and Wal-Mart online, but does anyone know somewhere that actually pre-orders normal run of the mill domestic toys?

Thanks

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Big Bad Toy Store (for significant markup, but good if buying in bulk, I guess), Entertainment Earth (for cases), Captured Prey (seems pretty good, but I don't know what they do/do not get in)

I know for sure BBTS does pre-orders on domestic stuff. Not sure about the others.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All the places that Soundblaster1 mentioned are great for preorders, but I'm pretty sure no one is accepting preorders yet. I know BBTS said they were attempting to get approval from Hasbro to list the newest Animated and Universe stuff shown off at the Toy Fair that just passed, but that was a week or so back and they've said nothing about listing them. So, I'd say we may not see preorders for this stuff for another two to three months.

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, BBTS is probably the best bet. Even though prices are inflated, you can preorder, and your card is not charged until they are in and ready to ship. Which is great, because most places charge you when you preorder, then if something changes, or you want to cancel it, you have to try and get a refund, and possibly have to pay a "restocking" fee.

I've preordered most of the GI Joe 25th figures from BBTS, and I've found most of them at retail, so I was able to cancel the preorder with no penalty.

Also, with BBTS, they have a "pile of loot" system, which lets you wait until all or some of your orders are ready, and you pay less shipping. For example, if you preorder several waves of toys, you can wait until they are all in before they ship. They won't ship until you click "ship my loot now" in your account. It is really a great system, I wish other places had similar systems.

5. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I think online stores should be a last resort for current domestic products.
    I can understand you not wanting to go to Wal*Mart, but don't you have any K-marts, Meijers, Walgreens, Rite-Aids ect.?