Minor/Repaint: Animated Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by shadowfall1976, Aug 5, 2010.

1. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

A full repaint of Skywarp into Thundercracker, using a G1 theme.
    I shaved off the long chin for a more realistic look, and to make him a bit
    less cartoonish looking. I colored in the light piping to get the eyes and mouth
    to look better, mostly he and the soon coming Skywarp are straight forward
    repaints, no mods except the heads have been done.

Hasbro seriously should have put pins through the damn hands to make the
    fingers stay on, that is the only gripe about this mold...except the long ass chin.

I actually think he is the best Thundercracker I have done yet, and actually the
    best custom of mine so far, I just hope Skywarp measures up as well.

Attached Files:

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The long chin is the best thing about that mould.

3. shadowfall1976

no comments?

4. Mousesi2k

Mousesi2k Decepticreep

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been waiting for what seems like years for Hasbro to realease Animated Thundercracker. After seeing your custom and knowing that my local Kmart has about 10 or more on clearence, i may just have to try this out for myself.

Great custom work btw! The paint looks fantastic bro!!

5. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    uh...it sorta looks just like starscream. Will be waiting for the official release.

6. shadowfall1976

He looks nothing like Starscream just because Hasbro decided for whatever reason to make Thunderscream blue...
    Starscream as everyone knows is usually white, except in the movies, therefore he looks nothing like
    an "actual" Starscream, and if I had another jet I would have made an "actual" G1 based Starscream,
    as this Thundercracker & coming soon Skywarp will be based.

That being said then you might as well say that the G1 Thundercracker which this is based on and
    even stated above, looks like Starscream just because the Animated version of him is blue, I am not basing my
    customs on what Hasbro thinks the toys should look like, I am basing my customs on what the
    character should look like, and this is Thundercracker..not Starscream

Since we're on the topic, how does the Hasbro Thundercracker differ that much from Starscream....
    hmm he is also blue..darker blue...mine is darker blue than it shows up with a flash,
    let's see both SS & TC have black forearms & feet, the only differences are the few other colors, so
    to say he just looks like Starscream is pointless, when I could argue the official version looks just like
    Starscream, only a bit darker, and to have 2 blue jets regardless.....is stupid on Hasbro's part.

7. landbasered

landbasered Well-Known Member

So, based on your geewunner logic, wouldn't it have been much easier to buy the animated starscream and repaint it into thundercracker?

8. shadowfall1976

I used what I had, if you wanted to be such a nice douche bag, why don't you have your Parents
    buy me one and i'll do another, how about that?

You don't like, don't look!

What gets me is if you are a kid and you grow up with a certain line of Transformers, that is whatever
    but to act like a child, this goes for you G1 bashers, you want to think the modern Transformers are so
    much better, Without G1 there would be no Transformers as you know them today. To me Everything
    except the Movies, G1 and Animated were crap, but that is my opinion, and I make no derogatory comments
    to anyone who likes Energon, Cybetron, Beast Wars, or RID, and if you don't like G1 or G1 based
    customs........keep your comments and your ass out of the conversation.

Again....You don't like, don't look!

And also I have been posting customs here for a few years now, and the way people act here anymore, with these
    younger think I know it all G1 haters, who can all bite me, you like what you like, I like what I like, and if you don't
    like what I post......AGAIN for the illiterate bunch...DON'T LIKE, DON'T LOOK.

9. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I like it and G1 :D 

Nice work! I'd buy this

10. shadowfall1976

Thanks, Mousesi2k & Optimus Scourge, I do appreciate the comments.

I have Skywarp almost done, just have to retouch a bit and clear coat,
    I think he looks better than Thundercracker here. I hope to get him posted
    in the next few days.

11. landbasered

landbasered Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be a douche bag. Although I do live with my parents for the time being, I find the accusation that if I don't like a show from the 80's a bit presumptuous and a tad bit condescending however.
    I was only curious why you used Skywarp as a base, I was unaware you had no starscreams in your area.
    I never said I didn't like it, I truely do. Your painting skills blow mine out of the water triumphantly, not to mention how every line looks factory applied. You did a good job and I applaud your efforts.
    However, if you think that modern day transformers aren't as good, why did you bother painting one into a G1 character?
    I wasn't meaning to act derogatory, and again I apologize if I made it seem that way. I'm sorry I upset you, but I really do like it. I only look at the customs that impress or intrigue me, and this did both.

I wasn't saying I hated G1, and again, I apoligize profusely if I made it seem that way, I didn't mean to offend you. I am quite literate, read many books, know what I like, and I like this.

I am quite sorry that I offended you.

12. shadowfall1976

well to be honest, I actually wasn't referring to you with the G1 basher specifically, but comments like your Geewunner
    do tick me off a bit, I mean I have had more than enough jackasses post stupid comments on a few of my G1 styled
    ..non G1 based figures, and have noticed that a lot of others do not get the same disrespect, like Frenzy_Rumble and
    such who can paint as many non G1 figures in a G1 scheme and never see one out of place comment for it.

actually the only part that was intended for you was the first part, but I seriously though you were trying to be rude,
    and partially were a bit with the geewunner thing, I hate people who hate G1, they need to realize in their young
    stupid ways that, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean others want to put up with your stupid childish
    comments, and that is who the don't look, don't like thing is towards, I mean I never make rude comments to another
    customizer, even if I think it looks like ass, I never put someone else down, for doing what they know how to do, I
    was horrible at this at first too, even though I painted model cars almost flawlessly before this...painting something
    with moving parts is totally different, and to get the paints right takes time to learn, I am still learning, so therefore
    I will never put down someone who is just starting to learn.

but I never said I don't like all non G1 figures or series, I just don't like what came between G1 & the movies / Animated...
    and the jury is still out until I see Transformers Prime in action, but I do like Animated, I just wish they did better with
    the jets, I mean Hasbro is a bit single minded when it comes to releasing and versions of the 3 main seekers, I mean come
    on, who has been waiting on Dirge & Thrust over a true Hasbro version of TC & SW, I mean Starscream & Skywarp get all
    the love and TC gets the shaft. Classics, Masterpiece, another Starscream in Universe, in Animated...the official TC has yet
    to be released and the show ended a few years back. And to me making a common character from a modern mold into a G1
    scheme I like doing, and to me makes me like a certain mold better, I like the Animated jet mold, I hate the color choices they
    used

and we had Starscreams here, too many, were shelf warmers at a point, I just didn't like him..color wise, so I never bought him,
    and I don't have all kinds of money just to buy figures to paint at the moment, I had a Skywarp & Sunstorm, I wanted to sell anyway,
    that no one wanted to buy, so I figured i'd make customs of them, and sell them that way. and even with primer, painting Skywarp
    into Thundercracker, and painting Sunstorm back into a Skywarp was a better choice, due to Sunstorms bright ass Yellow Orange plastic.

actually the don't look comments were for the other 2 morons who posted, why post when you have nothing constructive to add?
    and to be honest, when it comes to G1, I actually don't like or know most of the figures that came after the American series ended,
    other than Sixshot & Fortress Maximus, I never watched even though it was G1 continuity the Japanese toons, or really cared to
    watch anime at that time.

not to mention the comment about looking like Starscream while his Voyager toy may be blue, his G1 character is not, and the pic
    of Animated TC, next to an actual G1 MP Thundercracker custom, and the mention of being G1 styled should have been a clue that
    he was not based on the Animated color schemes, and that is more so what the "Illiterate" comment was geared towards.