Animated Test Market launched in Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    nice...but isnt that like cheating? since an extra amount of TF geeks will be in cincinnati?

3. Galvatro

Galvatro Make mine Animated! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Wow, what a coincidence that the Con is only 2 weeks away. However, a good marketing move by Hasbro.

Galvatro

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    such bs. that is not a valid test market to dump it in one spot. the ebay market has well already shown the interest as well. they only did it because of the con to boost some pre-sales since they wont be shipping anything to June still. hrmm transformers convention is in april guys in cinci, hrrm what product can we put out there that comes out in june? i really dont think it will show much for statistics.

5. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    Good marketing move by Hasbro? Or an easy way for some dudes to buy out stores and make a nice chunk of change on eBay? :scalper  The toys should be released earlier than the current street dates everywhere.

6. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope this means if sales do exceptionally well(which they probably will) then Hasbro will do early relases all over the country.

7. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

Total BS. Go ahead and release em already, shit. Now we gotta get scalped by our own fellow Americans? lol That's just too funny. "If you come to Botcon you get to buy the Animated line 1st wave pretty much, while everyone else waits, LOL @ you" Thanks Hasblo, love ya. ;) 

8. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    While its good news for all of us heading there...why would Hasbro pick the spot where Transformer fans from around the world will be gathering to "test" the market. Its in no way normal market conditions.

My thoughts:
    1 - They want their market test to show to show huge demand (since these will easily sell out in this market), and give retailers enough proof to keep the shelves well stocked.
    OR
    2 - They used the "market test" as a gift to us, knowing we will be converging there. (I'd love it if this was the case)

9. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!! I Want Them All Know!!!!!!!!!! Hasbro Release Them Alllllll!!!!!!! Im going to buy Optimus Prime (voyager), Prowl, Lockdown, Bumblebee, and Starscream form the first wave !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that adds up to 70 dollars I have it know release them!

10. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

Some of us gotta work an can't be there, it's just for you Con guys. I cant hate I guess but I can be jealous. :) 

11. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Suxks for me. I'm in Dayton, Ohio. Cincinnati is to far away a drive for me. To know they're in my state, yet still not close enough for me to get to. All I want is a Megatron VS. Prime 2 pack too.

12. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

It’s definitely not #2. Generosity can be counted out on Hasbro’s part.

It’s a perfect way for them to ‘test’ demand for these…this is the city where TF fans will be meeting from around the world. I only hope some of our fellow Ohioans and People from other states going to the con pick up formers for people who want them on the boards…

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=172554

Yeah I plugged it! What!

13. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

If there's one in it for me when I'm at the con, all is good.

14. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Coincidence? Not at all, I imagine, so I'm sure you're jesting. The odds that this was random with BotCon right around the corner...no, they did this entirely on purpose.

I won't deny the con must have played a factor in the choice, but I hardly think you can judge the suitability of the Cinci area as a test market. It has been used several times before by Hasbro for the exact same purpose, so there must be a reason,

15. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm with you on #1 but more as a "Lets get them out earlier than planned because there's massive demand".

16. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    It's possible, but I really don't think something this big-- releasing Animated toys early in an entire city-- has anything to do with Botcon. Cincinnati has shown to be a city Hasbro likes to give early "test market" toys to, probably because they once had a headquarters there-- I remember Cincinnati being the only place you could find the later Transformers "Built to Rule" toys.

As for me, even though it's within my means to make a trip to Cincinnati for Animated toys, I can wait until general release. I've bought a TON of Transformers in the past month or so, and I want to have a decent amount of money for the dealer room at Botcon. Meanwhile, it looks like late spring/early summer will be almost completely dry in terms of new TFs except for this first wave of Animated, so picking them up in June will ensure I don't go TOO long without some new TF crack.

17. RodimusMark

RodimusMark Infamous Fighter of Foo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can we get a Test Market for Universe in Virginia? ASAP!

18. STL

STL Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind either way. The TFM repaints have given a great opportunity to focus on going back and filling up so holes in my collection. It's not that I'm not excited, I am, but they will hit stores eventually and I can wait. I've been waiting over a year and a half now for Classics 2.0. :) 

I think the city's a good choice. A good amount of buzz, press releases and excitement will help to use it as a platform to communicate w/ retailers about the success. June isn't that far away now if you think about in retail terms. It's almost on them.

19. Knightshadow

Knightshadow *sniff* Smell that?

I'M SELLING BOXES OF KLEENEX ON EBAY FOR $4.99 AND $20.00 SHIPPING IN CASE ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW!!! LOL!!!

Serious folks....calm down calm down....I'm hokknig up 2 guys outside Cincy. I'll do the same for you.....

20. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

He's tellin the truth, good guy here for doing it too. Thanks my neezie! lol