2D Artwork: Animated Terrorcons

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Kaboom Red, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Kaboom Red

Kaboom Red Pretender

I've had the idea of doing my own Animated style version of one of the classic combiner teams for a while and thanks to the Animated Stunticons, they've inspired me to try it out with the Terrorcons.
    [​IMG]
    So I'm curious as to what people think of them and if they have any critiques or recommendations on how to make them look better.Still working on the color theory for these guys too.

As for these guys stories? Well the finished version will have the full bio, but for an idea on what I'm going for.

Flame: The mad scientist who created the team by experimenting on some hapless Autobots "lost" during the Great War. His experiments have turned them into monstrous creatures with modes based on some terrible creatures from cybertronian myth albeit he probably got the descriptions wrong.

Hun-Grrr: The leader based on Frankenstein's monster, neither head has a mouth and can only absorb energon via his beast mode. He can consume almost anything to restore his energy supply, but the quantities of what he needs are obscene.When hungry he "Hulks out" if you will "Hun-Grrr Hungrrry!!!" He can only think properly when well fed otherwise the two heads will think independently , and that doesn't last for long.His beast mode is based on the Chaosteros and the Mechanibals.

Sinnertwin: The Orthros/Werewolf and the tracker of the group, Sinnertwin unlike Hun-Grrr has control of all three heads but, has trouble telling witch set of eyes hes looking though. So he tends to use his beast heads olfactory tracking systems to guide him rather than his multiple eyes.His beast mode is based on Tornedron.

BlOt: The Goblin/Ogre/Orc as well as the powerhouse, both in physical strength as well as the overpowering strength of his stench.His chest is basically a drainage vent that constantly oozes his deadly sewage.His beast mode is based on the mysterious underground mutants.

Cutthroat: The...pirate (that's a monster right?) and the most unnecessarily violent member of the team, his left arm was replaced by a hook and his right with an energy cannon and he loves it. He has only one functioning optic and his beast mode is the smallest of the group. Could really use ideas for the wings.His beast mode is based on a Lipole.

Rippersnapper: The creature from the black lagoon like monster and the most egotistical, self centered, and with the biggest case of narcissism on the team. He also has a massive inferiority complex and can't help but constantly judge himself and thinks others are always judging him, his beast head was going to fold back but I think him having his 'bot mode head peaking out from the beast head to work for his favor. His beast mode is based on a Klud and a Sharkticon.

So any comments and ideas will be appreciated, also not sure if I should do a Abominus mode.

Rippersnapper: [​IMG]
    Cutthroat: Yarr [​IMG]
    Sinnertwin: [​IMG]
    BlOt: [​IMG]
    Hun-Grrr: [​IMG]

One of Flame's early experiments in what would lead to the Terrorcons
    Protoform X: [​IMG]

Tried to imitate the boxes these guys came in and the reason he took longer than it probably should have.

Attached Files:

2. roadblaster

roadblaster Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Can't wait to see these guys!!
    I'm liking the inclusion of ol' Flame the made scientist, seems just like the crazy kind of thing he'd do!
    (A pirate only a monster when its a zombie pirate!! with bits of armour hanging off him and a constant cry of 'BRAAAAAAAAAAINS!')
    Definately do an Abominus mode.....Flame could form the head!!

3. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

After seeing Manifestowes seminal Animated Terrorcons I didn't think it would be wise for anyone else to try and top them, but your ideas look so promising I can't wait to see them finished!

And Blots chest mounted sewage outlet is an awesome idea :) 

4. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Awesome concepts!

5. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    Great concepts and back story. Youve gotten so far with this already why stop now.

6. Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann Well-Known Member

You have me hooked with the origins for these guys! In addition, adding Flame into their back story was a nice touch.

I don't think I would be alone in saying a combined form could quite possibly be EPIC.

7. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Interesting. I look forward to seeing these as they progress on.

8. Kaboom Red

Kaboom Red Pretender

That sounds like a plan.

Yeah just before I uploaded them I checked to see if anyone had tried these guys before, but after seeing his I can say I'm happy that the two concepts are pretty far apart. Loved that Rippersnapper he did.

9. Manifestowe

Manifestowe Well-Known Member

Okay, I am really digging the sketches. Can't wait to see them done. Love the Blot.

10. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    Rippersnapper is a thing of GENIUS.

11. Kaboom Red

Kaboom Red Pretender

Heres the Ripper [​IMG]
    So does the background work?

12. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Awesome Animated take on the Terrorcons.

13. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

not feeling it for rippersnapper, mostly because there is so little difference between the robot and monster forms. the mosnter mode just drops a pair of legs and he opens his mouth a bit...

needs more variation imo, but thats just me.

all the others are looking nice so far

14. scorpio-prime

Have to agree with the above, I couldn't even tell the difference at first. Why not have both sides of the Shark jaws rotate round and fold back on themselves, the lower jaw becoming chest armour and upper jaw protecting his back?

I'd also exchange the teal for a deep blue, in order to keep his G1 colours.

15. Kaboom Red

Kaboom Red Pretender

I see what you mean, been looking at some possible alternate transformations for him.

16. Kaboom Red

Kaboom Red Pretender

Also Cutthroat, he is a parrot. [​IMG]

Yarr

17. Admiral Lilwall

Admiral Lilwall Lilwall Leader

cutthroat looks cool :) 

18. scorpio-prime

How about this for Rippersnapper (starting from Beast Mode)

1. Pop off his tail (this becomes a hand held flail weapon)
    2. Fold the cannons backwards 180 degrees to become legs.
    3. Rotate the shark head 180 degrees so its now upside down, then fold it back, revealing the Robot Mode head.
    4. Stand up straight to complete transformation.

Also, kudos for pirate Cutthroat - the parrot/gargoyle mode is a nice touch :) 

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Damn I'm loving these. I especially love how creative they are. :thumb 

20. Kaboom Red

Kaboom Red Pretender

Here's Sinnertwin, his name is better than yours

[​IMG]He came out more Lockdown-ish than I originally wanted, but overall I think he might be my favorite up to now. BlOt is going to take a bit longer than expected, since I had to redesign his torso almost entirely, he was actually going to be done before Sinnertwin.

:)  Thanks