Animated Swindle Takara Tomy edition

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by chrisr291, Dec 2, 2010.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As some of you know, Animated Swindle has given me a ton of problems. Right out of the package, my original Swindle's arm broke into pieces. Upon inspection, I noticed the shoulder piece cycled below actually had a small crack. This make the arm extremely loose and the bottom half eventually fell out.

[​IMG]

Aside from this issue, Swindle had the typical loose back/chest problems as well. Thinking this was an isolated incident, I purchased another Swindle.... same thing. This time, while positioning the arms, I heard two loud pops and the same crack happened again:banghead: 

Out of pure frustration, I ordered the Takara Tomy version. Which is surprisingly hard to find, BBTS is sold out already and they have no plans of restocking according to their staff.

So, Toy Arena got my business on this one:thumbs2:  Ok, on to the review

From left to right
    (Hasbro, TT, Hasbro)
    [​IMG]

In robot mode, here are the differences
    - Lighter purple (Feet/chest)
    - Silver mouth/Gut
    - Decepticon chest logo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quality Control issues

As you can see, the TT version does not have the same loose chest/back problems. You don't even have to play around with it, the back just holds:2c: 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vehicle Mode

Difference between Hasbro and TT

- Colored rims
    - Lighter purple windows
    - Silver bumper
    - Silver rear window? I don't know what to call that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weapons

The weapons built into his body are exactly the same but the arm cannons do differ.

- Purple instead of orange highlights when plugging in the missile
    - Cannon front is given a gunmetal paint job

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Conclusion

I'm happy with the TT version! The price tag sucked (30 bucks) but I'm a big fan of this figure so i'll eventually get over it. Is it for everyone? If your Swindle has problems that do not annoy you, pass on the TT version. The differences are not that extreme, this is not Henkei/Classics Megatron:2c: 
    If they can't stand the QC issues, buy him now. This will be a hard figure to come by in the future.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps!

EDIT: My ONLY COMPLAINT... They could of painted the rear windows

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    deff not worth the import as my hasbro is fine for me. though i really do need the reprolabels set for this guy.

3. indifferent

indifferent Well-Known Member

Glad to see you didn't have the same problems with TT Swindle as you did with both of your Hasbro versions. I guess the third time's the charm.

4. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info man, you know I know its a small thing but seeing those wheels painted really adds to the aesthetic. That's one glaring omission on most American Transformers.

5. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

I like the review man! Very good information, I like the wheels and cannon on the TT one better, but, I think I will stick with the Hasbro version and get me some reprolabels like Deceptigar said