Animated Supreme Roll Out Command Optimus Prime Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by D Banks, May 19, 2008.

1. D Banks

D Banks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    supreme class omega supreme is confirmed, I dont know about anybody else yet.

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    What the fuck does the Blaster review have to do with this one? Its not even by the same guy! Reviews of any kind, on new toys are front page newsworthy, if it bothers you, just ignore it.

Thanks for the poseability update Banks. Looks like I won't be buying this one. The arms are like the Sigma 6 mech's arms, they can't hold their position at all(linked to the gimmick too). Its a really nice toy just short of being a purchase for me. I love hearing all those ratchets, and the gimmicks are great, plus the size, but man...full articulation in the arms would have so done it for me. The legs have the right idea, its a shame it wasn't carried over to the arms.

Voyager for me.

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can't understand why Hasbro continuously drops the ball on figures past the leader class range. For the past few years they've been turning out absolute gems in all size classes from LoC to leader. But anything more expensive than that goes to crap with Primus being the only possible exception! Transformations become brain dead and articulation takes a hike.

I don't get it.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree man. Looking at both Ultimate Bumblebee and ROC Optimus, I see lost potential and figures that are *almost* there. Bumps in articulation here and there, little changes, and you could have toys that appeal to collectors too.

I know some of you are looking forward to this figure, and I was too. Yea its designed primarily for kids, but just a few more points of useful articulation in the arms, and this could have appealed to most collectors too. I'm not even asking for major changes, just a few more hinges here and there.

Ah well its not going to happen.

5. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the review DBanks. You and your assistant get better every time. As for Supreme Class Optimus Prime, what a disappointment. The axe and the wheels in his vehicle mode make him look terrible. The autotransformation is really dumb since it only works half way. The limited articulation in robot mode boggles the mind considering that it is a Supreme class toy that costs $50. I was at least hoping that he would be big so that he would look like the leader of the supreme class toys, but Ultimate Bumblebee dwarfs him. I will buy him because I buy any mold that Hastak makes, but he is poorly done and such a waste of an opportunity.

6. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Great review man!! The axe is the best that will come out of that package, the rest of the figure looks silly.

BTW, could you post some comparison pics with animated Bumblebee?

7. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks pretty cool but way to big for anything I would want. Thanks for posting the review.

8. Nukeote

Nukeote Active Member

I think the main reason Hasbro makes figures of this size with less intricacy is to appeal to those about 10 and below. Besides look at all the gimmicky stuff it does. It talks, semi-self transforms, lights up and it's BIG. It cries out for children to play with it in every aspect. That's why my inner child is saying gimme that biotch now I gotta have it. :)  BTW some of us ain't even seen voyager class Prime on the shelves yet. It sure ain't in my neck of the woods. Thanks for dangling the carrot. :( 

9. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    he looks ok kinda like the g1 supreme op better tho

10. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not often that i want a TF so little.

11. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thx for the review banks! don't think im going to get it, poseabilities are a must!

12. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sound features are pretty neat. I usually don't give two shits about sound in TFs but those would make me giddy if I were 8 years old, and that's cool.

The axe is brilliant!

Definitely think of getting some editing software where you can cut parts, like where you wanted to pause to transform voyager Prime but couldn't. Not a big deal though, but it'd help you out a lot!

Thanks for reviewing it dude. I MIGHT get one, just for the hell of it. Having a giant Animated Prime for some reason appeals to me, but the smooth designs leave him looking pretty under-detailed at such a scale.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  13. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for taking the time to review the figure, DBanks.

Before, there was about a 5% chance of me buying this, but now, it's absolute zero. The J-Lo-esque ass is a huge turnoff, as it the sad lack of poseability. A figure that size should have major poseability. As it's been said though, this figure seems to be targeted primarily at kids, who probably won't care so much about how many poses they can get out of Prime.

14. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Thats too bad I thought it would move better.

15. Noj

Noj Well-Known Member

I'm curious how he compares in size with the 20th anniversary Optimus prime.

Noj

16. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    nice vid. some cool features, but ultimately? pass.

17. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    I have seen one in person... not too impressive though... The axe looks the most show accurate... but I really dislike the big bumper in the robot mode. It looks too big to compare with Leader class Megatron...

for around 150 I could have gotten it... but I don't see it worth 50. other than it is really big.

18. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Man. I am not buying that. Thanks for the review. Maybe on the $20 rack.

19. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely not for me. A good toy for kids though. The faceplate movement is cool. Nice review.

20. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

This will be one animated toy I’ll easily pass on along with the bumpers and activators.