Digibash: Animated Stunticons

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by prime roller, Jun 23, 2009.

1. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    Animated Stunticons (and a Protectobot)

Some Animated figures I did up on Photoshop. This is a great way to lay out the paint scheme and getting a good look at how the figure will look.

My boxes have arrived from Canada to Taiwan, but it may be a bunch of days before my project room is all set up. So for now, all I've been working on is this stuff.

Update: Finished Dead End. The version with the yellow lights and light colored bumper and exhaust pieces is from unreleased Freeway Jazz (but without the new wheels). The blue lights and darker pieces are from regular Jazz. Which version do you like more?

Dragstrip was done from Blurr. I pasted in some wheels from Classics Mirage, and hacked the fender. For the real project, I think I'll add a silver 'engine' piece that will fill the empty space at the back. The head fin was removed. The red stripes on the arms are hidden under the windshield in car mode.

Wildrider was done from a regular Lockdown with a saw blade added from Blazing Lockdown. Notice that although not visible in the picture, the back of his arms will be dark grey.

Breakdown made from Bumblebee -- two versions. I realize my first posted version didn't have the silver chest and waist like the G1 toy did, so in version 2 I fixed it.

Breakdown from unreleased Rodimus Minor. Same as the BB one, I added a second version that has the silver on the body. Unfortunately, this mold doesn't have much space to add silver to. I left the eyes blue for the light piping, and chopped up his bow to make a harpoon gun.

Which do you think makes for a better Breakdown?

Added: Animated Protectobot Streetwise.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  2. cowclone

cowclone I am lost..were am I?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cool plans for a menasor. keep it up man this is good.

3. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

Definately Rodimus for Breakdown! He resembles the lamborghine the most. He used to be a Countach, right?

4. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    Wildrider looks awesome!
    Can´t wait to see them as some nice repaints :D 

5. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    It's a shame you don't have the Rodimus figure yet, it's important to figure out a limb mode too. It's what turned me off to Blurr. I was gonna do two lockdowns, and two blurrs, then i saw the arm Blurr would be, and said NO WAY :) 

I have been considering Rod, but i have a feeling i'm not gonna like his limb mode-to-be. I like your digibashes, though! Great work. I'm using Jazz for Dead End too. I went Lockdown/Breakdown and BB/Wildrider though, to differentiate them as far from their original decos as possible.

What are your plans for the UM/BH Motormaster?

6. prime roller

News Credits:
    Yeaaaaaah... the combination modes. Well, I started photoshopping these because my toys hadn't yet arrived here from Vancouver. They are here now, but not unpacked yet, so hopefully I'll figure out some combo modes soon. When I get it figured out I'll post it here to show you.

As for mean-spirited Motormaster, originally I was going to go with a pretty much straight repaint of Bulkhead, but after unpacking my Ultra Mag and Bulkhead figs last night, I realized that UM looks mean! And I think I can make it so that UM cab can attach to his feet area, and that BH's box can become a box on the back of UM's vehicle. However, I'm afraid all of this extra box stuff might have to become backpack style kibble.

Thanks for the good comments guys. What do you think of the colors?

-on paranoid Breakdown, the Rodimus windshield is actually light blue, so I plan to spray the back of it only with black. This should leave a blue highlight look.

-on egotistical victory obsessed Dragstrip, Blurr's windshield is also painted I think, so it'll get stripped of the outer black and get the undercoating treatment as well. (for this pic I purposely chose one that has the feet fenders pointing forward). The red on the side panels in vehicle mode will show up on the sides of his legs.

-on psychotic Wildrider, the windshield will be unchanged. There will be black/dark grey on the back of his red arms. The exhaust pipes will be siverized.

-for good-looking gloomy Dead End, the windows and glittery silver/grey pieces on Jazz will remain unchanged.

Would any of you consider any changes that you might make?

7. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Love the idea of a Animated Stunticon digibash. Other than that, pretty good.

8. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Sweet digibashes, man! I love me some Stunticons. Got me some plans for an Animated Menasor, but with Jazz as Breakdown and Bumblebee as Dead End (he's got the strip, and the shortness could add to the depression. And I've worked out a leg mode). I also had Voyager Prime as Motormaster (blame Redline and his Classics Menasor for that idea).

9. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I love these, very slick. Dragstrip works especially well, I think.

I know the Rodimus mold works better for Breakdown in bot mode, but darn it all if Evil Bumblebee Car Mode isn't the cutest thing ever. With it's little boosters and yellow headlights, it's downright cuddly.

10. prime roller

News Credits:
    Yo. Updating with Dead End. 2 versions.
    And Breakdown versions with silver added to the bodies.

11. prime roller

News Credits:
    Added Steetwise to the pics. Thought this one would be quick because I had Jazz cut up on photoshop already, but it took a long ol' time to finish.

Of course, I would like to make all of the Animated Protectobots for a real kitbash. I think I've figured out a way to make Blades.

12. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    If you are making motormaster, Use Wreck-Gar with the vehicle arms removed.

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Woooah, I know this is an old thread, but I think this is something people should see now (what with BotCon coming up and all). :D