Customs: Animated Stunticons

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by johaneggink, Sep 15, 2008.

1. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    I am just thinking about which animated figures would/ could be best used to make (a hommage to) the stunticons after seeing frenzy-Rumbles awesome Menasor. But there arent that many racecars in the animated toyline. Jazz is the best for all to use except dragstrip I think.. but that would look a bit boring, right?

I was thinking about:

Dragstrip - The new Blurr would be perfect
    Deadend - Jazz
    Wildrider - Lockdown with some altering..
    Breakdown - Jazz with some molding or perhaps Bumblebee?

Now MotorMaster.. - Voyager Prime or Leader Magnus? Maybe less obvious Voyager Bulkhead with his big chest.
    All the other ones are more SUV kinda vehicles.
    How you guys feel about using for instance Soundwave?
    Or even Motorcycles like Prowl. After all, it is a hommage

Attached Files:

2. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    Actually, If you would use a leader class for motormaster, You could use the Headmaster unit as Menasors head.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I must admit, I don't thing many of the Stunticons would object to a Motorbike alt mode (possibly Dead End :p ), as long as you can still figure how to link them. I don't think Soundwave will be much use to you at all; he's too stocky to serve as a racecar (and the limb-bots have to be racers, even if not cars), and far too small for Motormaster (I believe he's pretty small even for a Deluxe - so unless you plan to use Activators for limbs, forget it :p ). I think Bumblebee's a bit too compact as well, unless you're up for a reshell job (or heavy modifying).

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Someone here had a sig of Animated Motormaster. It was fanart, but it looked like actual concept art for the show. You should totally base your design off that.

What sucks about the Animated line is there aren't too many sporty looking cars you can use outside of Lockdown, Jazz and possibly BB. There's also Blurr but that won't be out for a while either. I do agree with using a bike as Breakdown.

Energon Prowl could work as Animated Dragstrip. He's bulkier and may fit in better with the other Animated molds.

So you've got:

Lockdown = Wildrider
    Jazz = Deadend
    Breakdown = Oilslick
    Energon Prowl = Dragstrip

Another route you could take for Motormaster is Sentinel Prime. Since he's a truck, you can add bigger wheels and make him into a monster truck. It's appropriate considering it fits the Stunticons gimmick.

5. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    When I was sitting the train I was getting surer and surer that voyager bulkhead would be great. But I just tried it and the limbs would be way to big. Als the flaps, or rabbitears as my son calls them, of bulkhead look stupid. Still I liked the idea of Motorhead being a armoured SWAT vehicle so I looked at something else... Leader Bulkhead! Motorhead with rockets!! The rabbit ears can be pointed down.. It already has an Head for Menasor and the limbs make more sense because of his huge torso. I am still waiting for 2 jazzes from the BBTS, since there not in the Netherlands yet.
    The only thing is... repainting leader Bulkhead? The thing is 55 euros... And what to do with the lightup autobot sign...

6. Satomiblood

Eh, I'm not feeling Bulkhead as Motormaster. Like, at all. Maybe if you can post some pictures, I can visualize it better.

7. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    crappy picture here:
    [​IMG]

Close your eyes bit...;) 

8. Satomiblood

That actually doesn't look so bad. But it's up to you if you want to risk a $50 figure.

9. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
  10. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I was already planning a ultramagnus-motormaster

11. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    That would also be very cool. Also, because Magnus is the biggest leader class, Devastator would be huge. Maybe I should just get started with the deluxe repaints first...

EDIT: I meant Menasor :banghead: 

12. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    It could work:

[​IMG]

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Menasor would be quite big, too... :p 

'Course, there aren't any actual 'mould-brothers' among the Stunticons; Dead End and Breakdown had the same transformation, but that's about all they shared; both their alt and robot modes are entirely different.

I wasn't sure about using Lockdown for any of the guys, but I've realised he could actually make a pretty decent leg mode if you leave the robot feet up as you transform him, and fold the rear section (the lower arms) up out of the way to act as a heel/toe.
    Of course that would then mean he's got no pegs to hold him together, so you'd need to do something about that otherwise he'll fall apart.
    You'd probably want to alter the robot mode as well, mostly the head, as it's pretty darned distinctive and has that long neck thing going on, which won't really work for most TFs. Although considering how difficult it is to get hiim apart to mod, it'd probably be easiest to just cut the head off and fit a new one in place.
    You'd have to bear in mind also, that that would make one or two of the Stunticons ridiculously tall (probably almost as tall as Motormaster if you use Magnus) in robot mode - in that form Lockdown is a tall Voyager, and rivals Starscream for size.

14. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    Maybe I should just wait and see how Blurr mould looks in real life and perhaps the Rodimus mould, if this is really happening, would make a great stunticon too...

15. Satomiblood

Blurr is kind of shaped like the Mach-5, is he not? Makes sense as a yellow race car.

16. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    i like the idea of Animated Stunticons! But when it comes to Motormaster, id just stick with Voy. Prime :) 
    With a few mods n Head Resculpt too:) 

17. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Dragstrip-Prowl I know that is work great for a indy racing car.

18. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    Wow,
    I didn't expect that much dislike for Bulkhead. :confused: 

I really wonder if it is the mould people dislike or if they are influenced by the fact that the character is such an idiot. I personally love the leader SWAT car. It screams violence to me.

He is the the only ATF with 4 big missles. He looks like he could survive a headon collision with Prime or even Ultra Magnus.

But it seems I am all alone... :cry 

19. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

No-one's hatin' on Bulkhead; looks like they're just not falling over themselves to claim how well it fits as Motomaster, which frankly, it doesn't - I agree with you that the SWAT vehicle could work well, but the robot mode's just not Motormasterish, unless you do some serious modding (and I'm not sure what).

20. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    Okay, I am persuaded. But then I will probably go with Ultra Magnus.
    Voyager prime is too small as chest I think. UltrA Magnus also good hands already, Which I could move with some extra Balljoints.

[​IMG]

By the way, I love this drawing.
    EDIT: jus made it my avatar