Animated Starscream Hidden feature

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Solscud007, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ok so if everyone knows this, then please excuse the noob. I just started collecting animated and stumbled across this while transforming my Starscream. I tried searching for this hidden feature on google to see if anyone else noticed it. But I couldnt find anything.

SO what is the hidden feature? cooler attack arm cannons. While im not sold on the fact that Animated Starscream has forearm cannons, as opposed to the upper arm cannons that he has in the show I understand that it was a choice made during the design and engineering planning stages.

Anyway here is what i discovered. upon looking at SS arms, I noticed panels on either side of his forearms. I also noticed that the cannons seem to be on a track and that it looked like it could slide forward. LO AND BEHOLD they do and the panels pop out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty cool huh?
    Here you can see what the arms look like normally and you can see the track that the cannon slides down. Look at the arm on the right. right below the cannon hinge, in the shadow you will see the purple color of the cannon. but look at the left arm. that slot is no gone. That is the track you slide the cannons down. by doing so, the arm panels will pop out due to the hinges you see holding them out.
    [​IMG]

Ok now what the heck are these for? I mean it is kinda neat that the back panel does this and im not complaining. but what are they for? is this seen in the show?
    [​IMG]

2. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    very nice find...i, for one, had no idea about that : oh, and very nice photos too..love the angles/lighting etc

3. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah a very well know fact. Now if we could just only solve the issue with not having a poop accident while trying to open those things without also breaking the figure.......:mad  I the a pair of needle nose pliers to get my missile launchers to slide down.

Nice camera work too btw.

4. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    well I guess a good idea just loves being shared haha. I find it easier to remove the fingers, since mine are so loose and easy to remove. Then i flip the canon perpendicular to the arm. and then press on the hand, sans fingers of course, and slide the cannon into place.

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there has already been a few threads about this as well as mentioned in his feedback thread, I can't remember if they are mentioned in his instructions either. I don't think he has them in the show since his blasteds are more g1 in the show than the toy. Still a neat feature I display him with them out.

6. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i dont think theyre on the instructions

7. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    no the pop out arm panels are not. The back plate wing/canards are mentioned though. But I have noticed that The engineers/product designers are OBVIOUSLY NOT talking to the people that make the instructions.

Another example, im sure that is known, is Bumblebee's backpack/rear windows. the instructions dont tell you that they are designed to merge together to make a backpack.

8. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

Ebay:
    his "special feature" is making his arms look broken.

Perhaps he can fake an injury to lure predators away from his nest of "babyscreams"

9. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Like how they failed to mention Leader Megatron's hidden front landing gear, which doesn't seem to serve a purpose as the gun is in the way.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty cool find - I shall try in out later.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...I knew that since I got the figure...

12. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

thats new to me, going to go try it out NOW.

nice find.

13. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Ratchet made me premed

I actually didn't know about this. Thanks for the tip!

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i thought only the right did that, cause my left one was stuck-thanx man! i learned half of sumthin!

15. BlackRC

BlackRC Member

The back of his box mentions hidden arm "lasers", but the instructions don't show how to deploy them. It took 15 minutes of fiddling to figure it out. I think it looks kind of cool I guess, but one of the panels keeps popping off.

16. Crimson Primus

Crimson Primus Deceptinut

I learneded sumthin new.....

thx :)