Animated Soundwave!!!....What did you think? SPOILERS!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Feb 25, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I thought TF:A Soundwave was simply AWESOME. The backstory behind him was great!! The character was great!!

I especially liked his abilities: able to control other machines using soundwaves, able to mimic other sounds and voices. I also really liked his mad desire to free machines from human oppression.

Also, who can forget the original G1 voice?!?! AWESOME!!

TF:A keeps getting better and better. I originally only wanted to buy a couple of the core figures but, now I want Soundwave AND Blackarachnia simply because the great story sold me on those characters!!

what do you think about Soundwave and the backstory behind him? THANKS for posting!!

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally really liked it. I also really liked his vehicle mode, as Scion X-B's are one of my favorite vehicles. It's going to be interesting to see him come back sometime in the future. Can't wait for his toy to come out too, though too bad it's not in the first wave.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked him. Not as much as Grimlock's return, but I really did like him. He also seems like a formidable warrior for the Decepticons... so long as he comes back.

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I was having a REALLY hard time buying Soundwave-as-a-car...until I saw this episode.

Given Soundwave's long tradition of having/building smaller robots of varying levels of sentience as helpers/companions having that relationship ALSO include him amalgamating them into his structure (Which he kinda always did via the tape deck, you could argue) makes perfect sense, and lets me sleep easy about the Scion mode :) 

That, and shades of X-9 in the corvette tape-deck ;) 

D/L

5. prowl007

prowl007 Axisjump

I thought TFA did a good job in introducing soundwave. He was nicely characterized as I see the animators did a good job in preserving his G1 self. But I just can't get the fact why they missed out laserbeak for some reason.

6. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I thought it was a good show the only thing bugging me was how easily he was destroyed by Bulkhead.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked him alot.
    A completely new take on the character WITHOUT getting too far from the original.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking that Laserbeak is being saved for a future episode.

9. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I like the tune Soundwave plays, for one :D 

10. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    "I am Soundwave. I am Decepticon. The revolution begins now" -- it was perfect!

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I really liked it.
    How can an episode completely reinvent a character yet stay so true to the original?

How many homages were there in this episode?
    I lost count.
    It was nice to see Daniel Witwicky was invited to Sari's birthday. :) 

The one thing I was kind of disappointed with was the animation.
    It seemed rushed and was very framey at times.

I have gotten quite spoiled by current animated shows and I want Transformers to maintain the quality animation that is usually on TV these days.

And, I continue to say it, but TF: Animated is the first Transformers show that has really captured my kid's attention. He made sure we watched it this weekend,

12. MPollard

MPollard Well-Known Member

Loved that the first and last incarnations were true-to-G1 boxes. Too bad we never saw that transformation; when he transformed he got the anime-style roundedness. His robot mode, and particularly his head, got closer to G1 with his "evolution".

And he may or may not be a cassette player, as that would be particularly outmoded in another 50 years from now. But the chest works fine as a media player display. Concealing a compartment that nobody expects, since they aren't familiar with the original...

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I was really happy with how they did Soundwave's reinvention. Lots of nods to the old, with plenty of satisfying new.

14. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I wish he said 'Machines Superior Humans Inferior' That whould of been killer also voyager soundwave

15. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Dude, this is the second time you've posted a topic about the current TF:A episode when there's a sticky for it at the top of the board. Stop posting these threads! Lock, please.

16. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Dude, don't try to get someone else's thread locked. If you don't like my thread then DON'T post in it. DON'T try to get it closed.

The sticky is about the episode overall this thread is about JUST SOUNDWAVE. There is a difference.

Mods PLEASE DO NOT close my thread!!

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Seconded.
    I think this is a strong enough tangent to have its own thread.
    Really, it is more about the character than the episode.

For instance, I could see this thread getting bump when Soundwave reappears.

18. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    Agreed, please do NOT close this thread. Soundwave deserves one of his own.

as for the thread, Soundwave was PERFECT in my humble opinion. They reinvented him in a flawless way. I don't care if they keep using the key (cough plot device cough) to make new bots if they keep being as perfect as Soundwave and Grimlock. Damn.

His ability to control all the little bots around him was PERFECT for Soundwave. Just inspired. And his voice!!!!!!!!! oh man.

For all I care, they could totally make the rest of the series suck and go down the gutter. They gave us a perfectly reinvented Soundwave. That is an automatic win for the whole series in my opinion.

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I was just thinking about it, and I wouldn't mind them making a bigger version of Soundwave. Voyager would be cool, but something even bigger would be even better. He'd make for a nice Decepticon to go with the RO&C Optimus Prime. I'm not sure how the transformation for Soundwave would work at that size, but the electronics would be awesome. Also, a 12" version of him when he was still a toy (kinda like the BB that doesn't transform) would be cool. I would even heavily concider buying it, and something like that usually doesn't peak my interests. Hopefully we at least get a repaint or even a repaint/remold of the Deluxe toy at some point, as it looks awesome.

20. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Soundwave. Best incarnation since G1.

'NUFF SAID!!!