Animated Soundwave Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by xSEANxLONGx, May 14, 2008.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not Soundwave, by my Universe Acid Storm has what appears to be an aborted Decepticon symbol like that on the inside of one of the tail fins.

2. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Weird. That's odd. I thought that at least two Soundwaves would have the same thing.

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
  4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

5. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I call it the wall of sound.

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    my paint is fine cept the roof, its a mess

7. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I got this yesterday along with Oil Slick (they were the only 2 Wave 03 deluxes there) and I love them both. Soundwave is so awesome. I only have a few complaints. His loose joints - nothing a bit of my superglue didn't fix. Lazerbeak: Awesome. Totally awesome. I will add some more paint to it (eyes and strings) but otherwise, it rules.

I'm thinking about cutting slots in Soundwave's feet for those tabs but then his feet would be off-centered... Anyone got any ideas? That's the biggest down side for me.
    Well, that and I'd love a Lazerbeak automorph. Anyone know how I could easily do this? I can only think of some cog mechanism... Possible with 3 cogs and superglue but there doesn't seem like enough spaces inside it.

I will clear-coat the back of my SW as the paint is sticky a wee bit but has not rubbed off yet, thankfully.

Overall: 9.5. He really is great. The translucent black plastic is cool too although why he has it in the back of his head and painted eyes/no light piping, I don't know. I may paint his fingers gold though like someone else did. That looks sweet. Just needs some touch-ups overal and this could be one of the best figures ever! (Well, in my opinion, it is one of the best figures ever)

8. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    They should have called him Guitar Hero Soundwave. :D 

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I was rather surprised when I got this figure and Laserbeak didn't have a cog mechanism to transform both wings at the same time (like Bay 2008 Bumblebee's gun blade mechanism or Universe Tankor's wings). It just seemed so obvious it should've been a given.
    Not sure how you could add one neatly without a lot of hassle, but I'm sure some clever clogs will work it out. :) 

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I got this guy last week along with Jazz and Oil Slick. Definatly the most disappointing out of the 3, his shoulders look silly IMO. Laserbeak on the other hand is awesome.

11. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Acutally, I like all 3 although I have yet to pick up Jazz (should be this Friday though). I like the shoulders as the wheels are meant to represent speakers as shown in the cartoon. I have to say though, the shoulders can be quite hard to pose just right. I love his transformation though.

About the automorph on Lazerbeak... Yea, I was surprised and thought mine was actually broken but upon closer inspection... No. I think I know how it could be done but it'd require some work. You'd need 3 small cogs and you'd basically cut them up (well, you might be able to use 2 since you're cutting them up). If I feel like torturing Lazerbeak to achieve this, I may just have a go and it may work, too (hopefully it does, if I'm going to be pulling Lazerbeak apart).

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Decided to make the lower arms and hands more show accurate:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    suh-weet

14. Demonicon

Demonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just noticed something after getting a second Soundwave. (due to sticky back half of the car)

My previous Soundwave had the blue socket part of the knee on the wrong legs. As per the above photo of Razerwires custom, I can see I wasn't the only one. The knees should be perfectly vertical, not turning inward. This lets his thighs stand straight and look a little taller, instead of being forced to bow outwards.

15. Demonicon

News Credits:
    In fact, going through the thread, most peoples are backwards. You can see how they're supposed to look on the previous page.

16. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thanks! Now my Soundwave stands up straight. :D 

~Matt Booker

17. Demonicon

News Credits:
    No problem! I wasn't sure until your post that it could be fixed, but I found my screwdriver finally and tried it out. One screw is all that's holding it in. Very easy fix. Hell, the hardest part is getting the screw back in.

18. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Wicked sweet!

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Did the knee swap thing last night and it's much better. Now I'm considering putting some nail polish on the bar that you slide the knee joint into to try and fix its looseness. After that some polish on the ball of the knee joints and then maybe my Soundwave will finally have lower legs which don't flop all over the place.

20. Gligamesh51

Gligamesh51 @ThatGuyNeedaHam

News Credits:
    This figure is the reason why I even came into enjoying the Animated line, and the TV show!

What else can I say about this figure that already has been said?

I can't wait to pick up Electrostatic Soundwave, his dark grey/red colors scream badness!