Animated Skywarp & Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Omegax80, Jul 4, 2009.

1. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I happened upon a Skywarp after seeing the first midnight showing of rotf. I knew I'd never see him again (most likely) so I picked him up. WreckGar,Shockwave and Cliffjumper I picked up right away when I saw them. Only saw them 1 or 2 other times after that.

If there's animated figures you still want and are hesitating on picking them up, don't. They may not be around much longer and I doubt stores are reordering more.

2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Only saw Shockwave once, but the box was beat to hell so I passed. To this day, I've never seen Skywarp sitting on a shelf. Went the HTS route to get both of them.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've yet to see Skywarp in person (I picked mine up online, I think from BBTS, right when it came out).

I've seen grey Shockwave in person twice, both times at Target. I picked him up during one of those two times so he could be my Longarm Prime (I'd originally picked him up online, through Amazon I think).

I still see Ultra Magnus every now and then, but not too often. I don't think I've see the Roadbuster repaind, and I only saw the Shadowblade Megatron repaint once at Target.

Wreck-Gar was rare when he first came out, but about a month or so after that he became more common, and now he's oddly the second-most prevalent Animated Voyager I see sitting on shelves after Atomic Lugnut. Every time I see multiple ones I get a little bitter considering I went on a wild goose chase trying to find him that first month he was out.

4. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I have a feeling that alot of tailend Universe/Classics 2.0 stuff is gonna start showing up again aswell.

This happened with the first movie. When there was a drought due to most of the movie toys being sold out, quite a few of the stores started stocking tons of Classics and Cybertron figures in my area. While it might not be this bad this time around, the previous lines might just end up showing up in stock suddenly.

5. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A Walmart and a TRU near me have at least a dozen or so Wreck Gars between the two of them. Picked one up last week for the same stated reasons. Also ordered a Blitzwing because I've never seen him in person.

I plan on getting Skywarp if I ever happen to come across one, however most of my stores are stocking WreckGar/Atomic Lugnut, or wave 1/2 voyagers such as Prime, Cybertronian Megs, Lugnut, SS and BH.

I have the Purple Shockwave so I'm not terribly worried if I don't find a grey one to pose as Longarm.