Animated Skywarp & Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Omegax80, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    I don't understand why they go for so much on eBay, I have been seeing them everywhere lately...

2. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    I've seen shockwave a few times while out and about. I believe I've only seen skywarp once. Skywarp seems to be one of the rare figures in the Animated line.

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I saw my first Shockwave and Skywarp the other day. Got Shockwave, but skipped on Skywarp.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    yea, apparantly skywarp/shockwave is a new edition of classics jetfire/grimlock.....the stores/hasbro sat on the stock and waited way late till now.....but since they are everywhere i am thinking it is hasbro's fault.....i wish this would happen with wreck-gar ugh

5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Wreck Gar is still the only Animated figure out that I'm planning to get I need. Saw him the other day when I picked up The Fallen, but passed on him in favor of my most wanted RotF figure.

I'm sure I'll get another chance at him sometime....I hope ._.

6. guard convoy

News Credits:
    man you don't pass on wreck-gar.....you get one chance.....like spiderman...then your out of luck.....man i use to have wreck-gar....till hasbro traded me him for crap (i got a thread on it around here somewhere)

7. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    How long do you think it will be before Animated's completely off shelves? Been meaning to get Wreck-Gar, and Skywarp and my Toys'r'us is filled with Ultra Magnus who I still need. Think they'll be put on clearance?

8. guard convoy

News Credits:
    lol the rarer stuff will leave shelves soon, including Ultra Magnus.....heck i saw him ONCE, and my parents bought him for me to be put up for christmas since he was impossible (and still is) to find.....and it wasn't even my local wal-mart...i would grab ultra magnus.....he is quite rare

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I know. I kinda regret it, Wreck Gar was one of the better looking Animated Voyagers, but I didn't want to have to possibly hunt around for the one figure I had to have from the RotF line.

Hopefully I'll see him again.

10. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I agree with the others, you find a Wreck-Gar, you don't pass on him. I've seen a few Skywarps and Grey Shockwaves in the area, but since I have Sunstorm, I can honestly pass on Skywarp. But that didnt stop me from getting a Grey Shocky along with a purple one.

11. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Around where I live, you see Wreck-Gar, you CAN pass on him because there's plenty of him! :lol 

Although I've only seen Skywarp once and Shockwave twice. Bought each on those first occassions. :) 

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My experience with the "rare" figures in Animated:

- Shockwave, grey - Saw three of this figure on one occasion at one TRU. Never saw them again. I got my copy on HTS.
    - Skywarp - I never found it at retail; got my copy at HTS.
    - Wreckgar - Multiple, sporadic sightings at various TRUs and Targets; I got mine at a Target. As of the last time I checked there (last week), one of the TRUs I frequent had three of them sitting out on the shelf that had been out there for at least a couple of weeks, despite my mentioning them in my state Sightings thread. Guess Wreckgar's not that popular in this area.
    - Roadbuster Ultra Magnus - Saw two of them at one Target, they sold in about a week, haven't seen it since. Not a figure I wanted anyway.
    - Activators Dirge and Cliffjumper - Found 1 Cliffjumper and 2 Dirges once at one Target and bought one of each. Haven't seen them anywhere since.

13. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That's funny. My TRU has literally 10-15 of them around the store. I just got him along with Shockwave this week. Passed on Skywarp. I really want Wreck-Gar, but have never seen him.

I'm starting to think the Shockwave/Skywarp wave is like the Lt. Stone wave of Sigma 6. Lt. Stone was catching easily $50 on Ebay, and then a shitload of the wave was found at all TRUs, and he isn't worth as much. Hasbro with there lazy distribution. Again. :banghead: 

And I didn't even now the Roadbuster Ultra Magnus was released in stores. Never saw ANY Animated Leader class figures at my Wal-Mart or Target. I had to drive 2 hours just to get a Leader Animated Megatron at a Wal-Mart 2 weeks ago. I am so sick of my stores.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Skywarp, Shockwave and Wreck Gar never did come out up here. :( 

15. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Around Houston, the TRU are the ones getting "old stock". Funny thing is that one TRU got all the wreckgars because there's been six or seven shelf-warming. The others got the Shockwave/Skywarp but Skywarp is gone now. Skywarp wasn't this popular until they announced Thundercracker at BC.

16. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Back when Shockwave and Skywarp first came out, I passed on Skywarp in favor of Shockwave. I thought Skywarp, being a repaint, wouldn't be hard to find, and that Shockwave would be much rarer. Since then, I have seen dozens of Shockwaves, but only that one Skywarp. Needless to say, I really wish I had just gotten both on that day.

17. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wreck-Gar, Skywarp and Shockwave aren't coming out in Australia.

Absolute bullshit.

18. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

That was a terrible choice IMO. The Fallen isn't easy to find because he's brand-new and somewhat popular, but again, he's brand-new and there will be plenty more chances to find him as newer Voyagers ship. There's really no scenario where the same can be said for Wreck-Gar unless you get lucky and he either hasn't sold or his wave gets restocked.

19. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I passed on Skywarp when he first came out, and figured I'd have a decent chance at finding him again. No dice, unfortunately. =/ I keep hoping they'll have more somewhere, at some point in time, but it hasn't happened yet.

20. Rodimus83

Rodimus83 Autobot

It took me a while before I got my hands on Animated Shockwave...Shockwave I see in stores in my area more often now...Animated Skywarp to this day I have never seen in stores...So I finally had to get him through HTS about 2 weeks ago...Both are awesome figures!