Animated Sighting, Delaware...sort of?, Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kalron, Jun 7, 2008.

1. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

So at 12:15ish this afternoon my son and I were wondering through TRU when low and behold there were fully stocked Animated figure. 6 pegs of Deluxe (Prime, Lockdown, BB, and Prowl) as well as at least 25+ more overstock on the shelf below and to the right. Directly below were at least 30 Prime-Megs 2 pack double stacked. It was not that busy and kids were kind of moving right past them. I was in a hurry so did not pick anything up right then.

...break to about 30 mins ago when I returned to pickup a 2 pack Prime and Megs, I turned the corner and POOF, NOTHING!!! All the space on the shelf was refilled with movie stuff that was not there this afternoon. The pegs were al empty, but no tags were on them.

Question is...did they pull stock for some reason or is some douche bag now selling all of them on eBay as I speak?

I hope it is that they pulled the stock because it would be sad to see all those toys in the hands of some 45 year old living in his mom's basement as opposed to the kids that would really play with them...

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Did you ask any of the TRU staff?

3. thecypher0

thecypher0 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I found some of the deluxe figs at my local Wal-Mart and bought them but I think that they're accidentally released early at some places.

4. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think the TRU computers have the sell date of 6/22 in them
    so if someone tried to buy one and the computer wouldn't let them sell it they then took them all off the shelves. i think i saw a post about this in Canada. also since the toys had a street date like a movie releases line its in the computer, but as i saw at walmart the cases don't have the street date on them, say like hulk movie figures did. so I'm sure they came in, and employee put them out, someone tried to buy one, the computer denied it at the register and the put them back in the stockroom. check back on 6/22 or start haunting walmarts.

5. kalron

No I didn't, of course there was no one around to help. Also I was kind of in shock, trying to figure out if I was dreaming or on some kind of a flash back...

Thanks for the info, if 6/22 is the street date then that would explain why the pegs and shelves no longer had the tags on them.

I figured there was no way all of those would be completely gone, scalpers can be horrid creatures, but they usually leave some scraps for the rest of us.

6. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Must be nice. They clean out the Chicagoland stores.

I swear to god, if I ever catch one in the act, I'll either end up in jail, or bribing alot of witnesses to help me bury the evidence... :redface2: 

7. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i'll bring my kit:lolol 

8. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    time to hit it on 6/22!

9. kalron

I know what you mean, I would probably just start removing items I want from their cart and tell them to go F themselves if they have a problem with that. But don't forget to add the Lime (no the fruit but the chemical) to your burial spot.

10. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

What part of DE are you in ?

11. kalron

Northern Newark area, TRU by Christiana Mall...that lame ass part.

12. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I found them at TRU and 2 Wal Marts. I'm in Massachusetts, so yes, they are on the east coast. :) 

I picked up a couple extra for board members, but I left plenty for the kids...err, scalpers? :( 

13. Asuran

Asuran Well-Known Member

I was in that TRU today. I tried buying Prowl and Lockdown but they wouldn't sell them to me when I got to the register. They kept saying they couldn't sell them. I told them they had a few pegs full of them out there, but they wouldn't budge. So I drove to Wal-Mart and found Ratchet and BA. Very nice toys.

14. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah i used to work at a TRU. they are generally very confused about everything. and jerks. glad to see you lucked out at walmart.

15. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Yea, was that the Dover store or the Christiana one?

Animated has been out in WalMarts this week...