animated show is making me buy more toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by wasp819, Mar 31, 2009.

1. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    It works on adults as well - we see something in the show and then we go out and buy it - if it wernt in the show i doubt i would of brought it
    recently after watching transwarped i decided to like oilslick (he did look baddass) so i then went out and brought him.

next came the shocking image of what happened to magnus and i felt really sorry for him so i have now brought him off e-bay (i did previously own this figure but got bored of him so i sold him) so ive now brought this guy twice

Next after watching 5 servos of doom - i like samurai prowl and have now brought him off e-bay (before this episode i had no intention of ever getting this fig as it didnt appeal to me and ive also got the original one) (but i do intend to cross the 2 together)

has anyone els had this happen to them?

2. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Yes, it's happening to me as well...even though the show's just making me finish my Animated Collection [4 bots away from owning them all!]

Transwarped has put Oil Slick on my to get list as well.....I'm working on getting a friend to get him for me. And after seeing what happened to Magnus as well I had to go get me Magnus here even though it was Roadbuster and Transwarped made me grab Shockwave for sure cause his awesomeness factor went up.

I also think Transwarped made me get Skywarp too, and Skywarp made me get Sunstorm so if they ever released a Thundercracker and Ramjet and other clones I'd have gotten them all too....

but yes, Animated for some reason is casting a mental spell on me to "BUY MORE FIGURES GIVE HASBRO YOUR MONEY!!"

3. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Oh the show sold me on the toys from the getgo. After seeing Transform And Roll Out back in December '07...I was hooked.

And it's not just us that it's working on. Kids are starting to buy now that the show has returned to the air with new episodes.

The Deluxes and Voyagers are starting to fly off the shelves, even the Jet twins. (There were two cases of them, now there's only two packages of 'em.) Even Activators are faring well.

4. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I got Blurr because of his apperance in Transwarped. I liked his character before but hadn't considered buying the toy but after Transwarped I felt I had no choice. BTW he is a realy great toy.

5. Miss Frost

Miss Frost Banned

I maybe can do one better. I started collecting Transformers because of the show. Being a girl, I played with my neighbor's as a kid but wasn't allowed to own any. Then as a grown-up I stumbled onto the show and its crazy. Not only do I have almost all of the Animated toys but now I'm buying figures from other Transformers lines as well. ^,^

6. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am considering buying Oil Slick now that he has appeared in the show. If it weren't for the show I wouldn't have bought Blitzwing but I am glad I did. He is awesome.

7. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Before S3 I was like, time to move my Animated stuff to a bottom shelf to make room for ROTF! ROTF this, ROTF that. But now... I want Ultra Magnus, Jazz, Starscream(who I never bought), and ANY new toys they cook up. I'm hooked all over again.

A few months from now, once it's all over for good, it'll probably sizzle down again and I'll have lost that much more money to spend on other stuff, but I'll always have the toys to remind and enjoy!

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Well, yes and no. The show did incent me to getting more characters then I would've gotten had there been no media at all, it also wasn't, 'I just saw this episode, so no I have to get figure X!' either.

Actually, I'd say 'sales' and that the line is ending so soon were far bigger pushes to incent me to buy more toys.

I would say the closest and perhaps sole exception was Oil Slick, who I did pass on multiple times, but got him after 'Transwarped' had aired, but was also persuaded by Targets sale price and again, that the line was ending and I almost have a complete collection; or at least one of each main character.

9. Snowcat

Snowcat RIP Hidehito Ueda

It's definitely working on me. Since Transwarped aired, I've been all around Melbourne looking for Transformers. I've made quite a haul, but I still haven't found the Holy Grail, Shockwave. I've also found shelves of over-priced Safeguards. Good luck selling those Myer.

10. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bah, I've already bought every deluxe figure of a character in the show that isn't either a repaint or retool. I only buy those when I've bought every other possible figure currently available in the line. :D 

Although if I have all the deluxe figures that doesn't leave me with many choices, does it? And Samurai Prowl does look nice... Blazing Lockdown has the chainsaw he used in Five Servos of Doom....

*checks wallet* I thank this topic for making me bring home either Samurai Prowl or Blazing Lockdown tomorrow. :lol 

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Honestly, I don't think you'll be too let down with either of them. I never got the original Prowl, so Samurai was my first Prowl figure, so I can't really say there. Blazing Lockdown really almost feels like a new figure. Plus, you can use his attachement on regular Lockdown at the same time to have a sawblade arm and the hook/emp, as seen in 'Thrill of the Hunt' and other eps.

Actually, now that I'm looking, I really do have most of the Animated line. Wow. Of the "normal" size classes (Deluxe, Voyager, and Leader) I've somehow ended up with all but about 8 figures including repaints and store exclusives. You know, maybe I should scratch that earlier assessment and say that the show had a definate influence on me, especially when you compare it to the last line, since I could never really enjoy Cybertron and only ended up with about a dozen or so figures from the entire run.

12. semaj

semaj Member

I always used to see and pass up on Sentinel Prime...but when season 3 started, I had to get em.

13. Autobot_Lancer

Autobot_Lancer Just call it Smokescreen

Last Thursday i didn't even own 1 TFA toy, last friday- this monday i went to owning 17 TFA toys. they're addicting cause they're so damn cool. Plus it's kinda like lays bet you can't eat just one, or in this case buy just one.

14. Vengeance1701

Vengeance1701 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the characters are just so damn good, I feel like I need to own ones that I've grown fond of.

I got Ratchet as a result and probably am going to pick up Jazz/Sentinel/Prowl, tomorrow....

If they had regular Bumblebee, I'd grab him, too.

15. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Wow thats crazy good on ya, did you get them in stores or did the internet help? i ask cause i think its pretty amazing if you found 17 diff figures in the shops

16. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I dont like soundwave, ok the toy does look as good as in the show but he is just too damm small so i will never buy him, i just hope that if the human error 2 parter is on soundwave then i hope i can resist the tempation to buy (got to be strong lol)

17. Autobot_Lancer

Autobot_Lancer Just call it Smokescreen

Stores and a local toy convention over the weekend here's what i got
    Walmart: Oil Slick, Grimlock, Lugnut, Blitzwing
    Toys R Us: sentinal prime, Jazz, Bumblebee (normal version), Blurr, Samarei Prowl
    Toy convention for $140 all MISB: Voyager Optimus, Voyager Bulkhead, Soundwave, Leader Megatron, Voyager Starscream, Snarl, Swoop

Sorry my bad it was only 16 but still all in 1 weekend

18. Skyquake87

Skyquake87 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I got into these like i did BW, just out of curiosity to see how the designs work! I've stuck just to buying the 'cons and Dinobots. They do just look like they've stepped off the screen. The only 'con I'm not so fussed for getting is Starscream, although his new animated incarnation has done a lot to undo the damage of having SS just be treacherous and coniving just because thats what SS is supposed to be like.

I'm eagerly awaiting my Animated Shockwave and Swindle as we speak! exciting !

19. Snowcat

Snowcat RIP Hidehito Ueda

I wouldn't let that put you off him. He is so damn cool. And the way he's designed, even though he's small, he looks very imposing. Plus, Laserbeak guitar!

20. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

Count me in. I had some real life stuff get in the way of my collecting for a bit, so I gave up on TF's alltogether. Then Transwarped premieres and now I've...gotta have them all. In the last week I've picked up Blurr, Swindle, and reg. Shockwave. I get paid Friday, so I'll be going back out, probably for the Target exclusives. Totally forgot that Sunstorm was in the show. Doh. After those two it'll be Sam. Prowl, Waspinator, EG Bumblebee and Blazin' Lockdown in that order. Then we'll see about Wreck Gar, Jet Twins, and Magnus. Oy...I told myself I was done. Damn you Animated! Damn you straight to Charr!