Animated Shockwave Toy Speculation (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Transbot90210, May 13, 2008.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Spoiler warning if you haven't been reading the episode spoilers from magmatron. You have been warned. Info about Shockwaves character will be revealed.

OK so now that that is out of the way. If you've seen the video clip of episode 29 you see that Shockwave in robot mode converts into an autobot. After seeing this and how the conversion is incorporated into his design do you think we will get a toy like punch/counterpunch. One vehicle two robots?

I think it is totally doable and seeing how show accurate animated toys have been so far I don't think it is far fetched. If you see the conversion in the clip it appears to be totally feasible.

Anyone with me here? Shockwave = the new Punch/ Counterpunch?

Thanx
    Transbot90210

P.S. I posted this here because it is as much an animated question as it is a toyark question.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mmmmmaybe.

Shockwave wasn't shown in any kind of toy/prototype form at Botcon, so anything is possible at this point. Seems like a good gimmick idea, anyway.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I'd love for him to at least have a transforming head, but a full-on "Autobot mode" would be great. It'd be interesting to see if "Longarm" had a crane mode made out of Shocky's tank mode, but that's probably asking for too much.

4. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    It'd be cool, i guess, but i'd rather they just focus on a standard mold. Shockwave to tank is good enough for me, and i don't have to worry about the extra clutter.

5. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, a good Shockwave to tank would make me happy, a "Longarm" mode would rule.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Make him have the disguise gimmick, plus two altmodes (his own altmode and "Longarm's" altmode).

Okay, okay, that's asking for a bit too much. Disguise gimmick plus his own altmode is good enough for me.

7. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Don't give up that thought. They could incorporate movie game Shockwaves triple changer ability. Its a long shot, but still in play.

Considering we have yet to see him in AN alt. mode pic, leads me to believe he only has 1 though.

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I'd love to see him have an "identity change" as his gimmick.

Seems simple to rig the head - fold down the antennae and the face pops up. Mind you, you might have to sacrifice a working neck in that case.

The insignia and shoulders would be trickier.

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    they could keep the face separate from the rest of the head. Link it to the antennae, so that when you swing them down to form Longarm's chinstrap, the face would rotate with them. Probably need a fake Shockwave eye on Longarm's forehead, but that's an acceptable loss IMHO.

10. General Tekno

News Credits:
    That's pretty much what I was implying. Though the way I had it envisioned was that it rotates along the X-axis - so that his face comes up.

But a Blitzwing-style rotation would probably be best - with only 2 heads, it would work pretty well. And the second head has a 'chin' that the antennae can plug into to keep it in place.

As for the Autobot insignia, perhaps a switch on his back or something to change it? Flip up or down to uncover his "true" allegiance.

And the shoulders should be easy to do. As for the hands, that could be trickier depending on the full extent of his morphing.

11. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    It may be do-able, and a bit more fluid if a lever on the back did the whole conversion (face, antennaes, chest insignia, hands, shoulders).

I wouldn't rule out that possibility. If they can make movie Incinerator's arms the way they did, I'm sure Shockwave could be done like that.

12. General Tekno

News Credits:
    I would have the lever do it all, EXCEPT I'm concerned about that limiting neck movement.

13. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind limited neck movement for two heads, as long as their done right.

14. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    Innapropriate Warning:
    That's what he said!

15. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

The way I look at it, and this is imagining him as a voyager, a system of gears will flip the face down as you move the antennae down. A panel on the shoulders will flip out to reveal those light-thingies, and the claws will flip around in the forearms to produce hands.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know.... I'd rather have a 100% Deceptcon toy than a lower-quality side-changer.

17. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    They should release him as two different figures instead. Longarm for Deluxe and Shockwave for Voyager.

18. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Just the head would be ok.
    Not sure if I'd like a second bot mode gimick enough for it to impede on articulation and such.

some sort of faction symbol switching gimick would be ok also.

19. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    with what we have seen of the animated toys so far im not convinced 2 bot modes will actually impede the toy in any way.

faction switching could be cool and simlpe to implement, a simple 2 sided symbol that you can spin would work.

either way with toy possibilities of blurr, OS and shockwave TF animated just got even better!

20. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im sure the animated designers will be able (if not already done) to make a toy that turns from a tank to a robot and then to a modified robot.

if my memory serves me ok, these toys are call TRANSFORMERS afterall and they do have a tendency to chage from one form into another as their raison d'etre.