Digibash: Animated Shockwave Digibash

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ravenxl7, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hey all. I was thinking about doing this digibash for a while. It's basically Animated Shockwave in G1 Shockwave's basic color scheme. Not exactly the same, but it gets the same basic feel. I personally wouldn't mind seeing this happen in the actual line. Not something I would kitbash on my own though. A simple, yet effective digibash.

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Interesting, to say the least it would be odd to see Longarm in purple. He'll probably have his cover pretty much blown.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not necessarily. I personally don't think purple instantly means Decepticon. I can't think of any purple Autobots, let alone any in Animated, but there's bound to have been at least a couple of them that were purple. If they had to, they could just call the Longarm Prime modes his "working" modes. Similar to the slightly different bot-modes for the Giant Planet bots in Cybertron. That and it wouldn't have to be connected to anything in the show, and just be a repaint in the toy line. Basically the same thing with these Bumblebee and Lockdown repaints we're getting.

4. Ezilla82

I getcha. I never thought of it that way, good call.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, there are probably many other ways it could be explained/handled. While I do really like this mold, I do have one problem with it. Shockwave's head is a bit large for his body. Even then I still really like it, as I understand why it's that way. Basically it's to accommodate the change into Longarm's head, which is actually more proportionate to his body. Would be cool for the eye to light up somehow. If nothing else, some light pipping would be enough, imo. Now that I see how he would look in purple, I really hope they do a purple repaint at some point. That way I can have an excuse to own three copies of the mold. Two of the original to be Longarm Prime and Shockblast, and one of the repaint to be Shockwave. Would help fill up my Animated Decepticon roster, and give me another Autobot.

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Heh, you know, I think you're right, Raven, about purple Autobots. I just did a search on TFU for purple Transformers, and I don't think I spotted a single Autobot.
    I did have a purple Autobot fan character, though, called Whiteburn... :D 

7. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I would love to see him released in those colors. but then again i just want ONE to get here for a reasonable price.

8. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    looks good but yall are forgetting ther IS a purple Autobot Shattered Glass Optimus Prime
    and Movie Arcee though she is kinda more pink than purple

9. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Nice color balance. It looks pretty believable, like I sould see this thing onstore shelves... make of that what you will D:

10. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That does look real. By the way. This will be done. But with a lot more grey in there.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Technically SG Optimus doesn't count, as he was evil. Arcee is a bit questionable, as it's right imbetween purple and pink.

Thanks. As simple as this one was to do, it turned out extremely good. I might just do Longarm's bot-mode out of curiosity.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/Ravenxl7/orly.jpg
    First thing that came to my mind. Not doubting you or anything. I haven't really heard of much of your little tips yet. I do hope a purple repaint of this mold happens at some point. If it were Kickback giving the hint, I'd instantly believe it (though that's only because I know he's never been wrong, don't know anything about your hints as of yet). More gray sounds good to me. I might just end up buying three of this mold now, lol.

Also, I've come up with an interesting reason for why the change of color. Basically now that his cover has been blown, he decides to go back to his original color, but keeps his disguise just in case he finds a situation where he could use it again.

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Err... I think he meant that he's gonna repaint one. Note that Encline is not well known as a reliable source of insider information, but as a kitbash artist... ;) 

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, you got a point there. My first reaction to the comment was that it was a hint about an actual release, so I went with that. I probably would have posted the picture anyways, but with the rest of the post going a bit differently. Basically going in a more "looking forward to seeing it" way.

14. Jazzy Zx

Jazzy Zx Wants too be called Jz :P

News Credits:
    Don't know if TFTM '08 Arcee counts as a purple Autobot.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Update: Just added the Longarm Prime bot-mode in the same colors. Again, a very simple digibash, with great results.

16. Ezilla82

Hey its a Purple Power Ranger. lol Its a very cool digibash.

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    here are three purple autobots -

headmasters toraizer
    headmasters shuffler
    movie arcee

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I knew there had to have been at least one purple Autobot at some point. Still not 100% sure on Movie Arcee though, as she could be seen as either pink or purple, depending on the people's opinion who are looking at her, and the lighting.

19. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

If Maximals count:BM Blackarachnia. The toy anyway.

20. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I figure we'll see a kajillion of this after he's easy to find.