Animated Shockwave alignment problems

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaos Incarnate, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I just got my Animated Shockwave, and I really like it, but I have a problem. The front treads in vehicle mode are skewed inwards. After looking at it for a while, it seems that there's a tab on the back of Longarm's arm that looks like it might fit into a slot above his elbow in vehicle mode, but the elbow isn't collapsing far enough to let that happen. And I think, if that tab fit, the treads would align correctly.

So, has anyone else had this problem? And if you have, did/how did you fix it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also just realized I should have taken a picture of that tab. Oh well, anyone with a Shockwave can find what I'm talking about.

2. koffanatic

koffanatic Animated Maniac

News Credits:
    You experience this problem as you mistransform slightly. In the tank/crane mode, the claws are actually perpendicular to the body, and not parallel. That will solve the problem of skewing inwards. :) 

3. Chaos Incarnate

News Credits:
    Wait, which claws are you talking about? The ones that the second picture shows that are perpendicular, or the ones in the first picture, that tab into pegs and have to be parallel?

4. koffanatic

koffanatic Animated Maniac

News Credits:
    Sorry, think I say wrongly. It's not the claws that should be perpendicular, but rather the way you position the hand direction.

Take a look at this pic from bbts, maybe you will have a better idea. :) 
    [​IMG]

5. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Specifically, your problem is right here:

[​IMG]

You have the arm misaligned, and need to bend it at the elbow so that it points down (as shown in this picture). Then flip the panel with the "claws" up and around, and it will lock into the shoulder. Everything will fit together then.

6. Chaos Incarnate

News Credits:
    .......yes. I was just looking over my figure, and realized that that part on the back of the arm slides without any apparent reason, then it hit me. It's official, I'm an idiot. Five years without a single instruction manual have finally caught up with me.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Don't feel too bad. I made the same mistake, too. I had completely forgotten that I flipped the claw piece down when I first transformed him into Longarm Prime mode.

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Nah, don't feel bad. I actually lost my manual to Animated Shockwave (and Alternator Skids) before I first transformed them. So I did it while Googling pictures of both modes.

I'd have to say Shockwave's transformation is now pretty darn easy, but if you don't have a manual, it's pretty darn frustrating because he doesn't look anything like a real tank. So you can't use your imagination and go, "Hmm. This looks like a tread, this looks like a fuel tank, so this must go here," y'know?

9. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I don't like much my Shockwave, well, at least the alt modes. They should have used sturdier clicky joints.

10. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

i had the same problem and it was pissing me off.. i almost took it back even lol... glad i noticed the pictures and transformed it correctly..

11. Chaos Incarnate

News Credits:
    The only thing that really bugs me about this figure is his lack of a good neck.

12. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

I did the same mistransformation as most of you my first time changing him back to his alt. mode.

I really don't care how many different non official variations for an alt mode people come up with (elephant, scorpion, etc.), the official ones still suck and I only really love this figure for the awesome bot modes.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008