Animated Season One Boxset Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Foster, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Something I'm seeing mentioned in every single review is the mention of the Season 2 so-called "sneak peek." And in every case, not one of the reviewers is even aware that Season 2 has already aired. That's why it sucks so bad as a "bonus feature."

Now, a Season THREE sneak peek--that would've been something at least.

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

so when is season 2 coming? anyone know?

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    March, 2048.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I have gotten a chance to watch almost all of it now. I really wish it had a commentary. I love commentaries.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So yeah guys, the DVD Season 2 preview, it got pics of Swindle?

If the answer is yes, how 'bout some screenies eh?

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Screenies captured from a retail DVD are against TFW rules, sorry. If you need it, here's the torrent link to SUV, the Season two episode featuring Swindle. :) 

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well thanks for the warning buddy.

HOWEVER about the SUV, I've had the episode for years now, I just wanted to see the "standard" pic, y'know, the one on boxarts.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    hey, did anyone try to use that mcdonalds 5 buck off coupon on the dvd? i wondered if that would work...

9. Megatronwp38

There's no need to be a typical geek jerk. Thanks.

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    he was being sarcastic dude...no need to call names (which is against the rules and stuff...)

11. Megatronwp38

Being a Jerk should also be, I expect to be treaded like a human being here. Especially since it's darn near impossible to tell sarcasm when reading. Thanks. You can quote the rules all you want. I will do what I feel I need to.

12. Lumpy

News Credits:
    you seriously couldnt hear the sarcasm in a response that is 39 years and 9 months away?

i agree that maybe it wasnt the most helpful answer, but also dont see it as being jerkish either...

and to answer your question, i'm 99% sure that season 2 hasnt been confirmed as a dvd release yet, however, my guess would be sometime before march of next year...as long as season 1 sells okay, and the toyline sells well still...

13. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    QFT.

I had just posted right before your post that these reviewers seem clueless that Season 2 has already aired. And then you replied asking when S2 is coming out. I actually thought you were making a joke about what I'd just said, and thus my reply.

I see now you're referring to a S2 DVD release. My fault then. But I really don't think my use of "sarcasm" (it was actually hyperbole, but anyway...) legitimately justifies your name-calling backlash. It was an honest mistake. Seriously, dude... lighten up.

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    It hasn't been announced but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Season Two set by X-Mas.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    *Prays* I hope. That would be perfect!

QFT there, as well. Seriously, that's not being a jerk. There's waaaaay jerkier stuff said on this board.

16. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Boy, I hope so! I haven't gotten to see it yet!

--Moony

17. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    If S2 was going to be a 2008 holiday release, I think it would've been announced by now. Retailers normally must have their orders in by within a month before a street date. And most studios/distributors start advertising for retail pre-orders roughly three months before the order date expires.

I think it's more likely TFA S2 will be an early spring 09 release (and probably around the same time S3 starts to build some hype for it). And my feeling is strong that we'll see G1 (at least S1) released as a movie tie-in around May/June 2009.

18. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    None of the movies in theaters now have
    announced dvd dates except iron man.
    We only knew season 1 date for a little while.
    Season 2 most likely due nov/dec.

19. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    'Scuze me for my complete frankness, but I'm not speaking out of my ass here. I've worked in retail management for over 10 years and have worked for three different stores which specialize in DVD retail. I know these things from personal research and experience because my store's sales were vital to knowing such information.

And I'm telling you that's generally how the process goes.

I'm not saying there's NO chance it might be released in Nov/Dec. I'm just saying the chances are rather slim that it will be. I would certainly be glad if it was, but I'm not counting on it. Because if you're a studio/distributor and you aren't already advertising your product for preorder to retailers by August for a Holiday release (unless you're talking about a HUGE box office movie), you're already too late.

And in the DVD/Blu-Ray retail market, if you haven't released your product by Thanksgiving weekend, you've really screwed yourself.

That's why November is such a huge release month and December is not.

If Hasbro or Paramount hasn't made an announcement by the end of September, there's very little chance we'll see S2 this year.

Oh, and TFA S1 was announced at Botcon for an August release:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...4713-botcon-animated-panel-sunday-report.html

And that was in April--4 months before the release date. So to say that "we only knew the season 1 date for a little while" is just not correct.

As I already stated in my earlier post, it's usually about 4 months from the time a title is announced before the street date. That's kinda how the industry rolls.

And I don't get where you get your info about "none of the movies in theaters now" have release dates. You're comparing big box office titles with a TV series. The window for release dates for theatrical movies is a lot shorter and has a much quicker turnaround time these days, and they don't operate on the same timetable as releases for TV series.

Furthermore, there are already DVD/Blu-Ray release dates announced for Wall-E, Indiana Jones, and The Dark Knight, which also contradicts your statement.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, honestly. But I don't appreciate someone implying that I don't know what I'm talking about. You're more than welcome to be hopeful for a S2 release this year, but I just can't be that optimistic when I know how the industry generally works when it comes to release dates.

20. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That should shut some people up.

:)