Animated Season One Boxset Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Foster, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got mine from Amazon for $19.99 (no tax and free 2 Day shipping with Amazon Prime).

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Darkprime, even with the season out, thanks again for all your hard work getting these for us so soon after they aired. Your copies have sat in my PS3 for almost a year until this release, being rewatched by me and my kid.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I just got them. (TF&RO + S1 boxset) Haven't had a chance to watch them but I will later.

I also got Snarl.

EDIT: Oh crap! I just checked my receipt and it wasn't on there. The lady at the cashier (who I knew and we were actually chatting) must've swiped them through the debugger but not rang them up. Oops!

4. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Bought it today... haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Also bought Oil Slick today x)

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Semi-OT but:

I have been informed by a local transformers fan that AJ has moved up in the world, and is now on some sci-fi based show. And apparently he's tried to keep his headspikes while making them look more mature.

Anyway I'll see if I can find the S1 box today, been looking forward to it for a couple weeks. :D 

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    So Sci-Fi picked up a live-action Final Fantasy VII? Awesome!

7. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Will it really be that much more expensive? I just checked Bestbuy.ca and its listed as $14.99 I didn't have time to go get it today, hopefully tomorrow.

8. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has he left YTV, because he's been there for less then two years, and the host usually are there for longer? Or is this show like the Anti-Gravity Room from way back in the day?

Anywhos, picked up Season One for $21.83(pre tax) at Walmart in the wonderful Canadaland.

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up mine at HMV here in Canada. It was $24.99. I'll start watching it tomorrow.

10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked up mine, I'm off this Friday from work and will do an all nighter Thursday night with this and Transform and Roll Out.

11. Zipdisk

Zipdisk Seven Color Carrot

Well, I got my copy of the box set today and watched through "Lost and Found" already. The video quality is very good, so much so that I went and deleted all my downloaded eps because this is far, far better and without interruptions in the credits.

The back of the case bugs me though because both screeshots are from TF&RO, which is not even in the set, weird. The special features promise A "Season 2 Photo Gallery Sneak Peak" but clearly show pics of Cybertron Mode Megatron, Vehicle mode Shockwave and Soundwave, who NEVER show up in Season 2 (though seeing a good pic of Vehicle Soundwave is kinda sweet).

All in all, I have to say this set was well worth my 19.99 plus tax I paid at Best Buy. I only wish I didn't have to shell out more than half that again just to get the first three eps on a single disc. Then again, this is a money-making venture and I can appreciate that aspect of the decision, even if it does frustrate me.

12. BallaTron

BallaTron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Did anybody get anything inside the case?(besides the dvd's)Like a episode slip sheet or some shit cause mine had nothing and just wondering if I have a freak copy or something.But then again Transform and roll Out had nothing but the dvd inside.Not that it's a big deal Im just wondering

13. Zipdisk

Nope, nothing in mine either. This is a pretty bare bones release from what I can tell. Wish they'd have had ANYTHING extra. Well, I guess I can learn to say "Transform and Roll Out" In Spanish. Maybe that's an extra.

14. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    This guy was a little pessimistic. $22 was not that bad. Now to find some time for watching.

Ajayfry.com needs some updating... How am I supposed to keep up on my AJ news if the fricker doesn't update his own website!!!

15. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

Likewise - thanks again, DarkPrime! I'm so happy the DVD is out now. Can't wait to buy it and play it on my TV finally :D 

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

This set looks great on DVD. Love it. Now when do I get season 2?

17. Lasbrook

Lasbrook Well-Known Member

I agree with that, it would be nice to have them in the boxset as well. Is it still fullscreen? I'm kinda on the fence as is, think i may wait a bit until i finish picking up the toys.

18. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Eh Im envious of you folk it looks like here in AU they are releasing season 1 in volumes of 3-4 episodes 1 at a time before releasing the season box set. :( 

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really can't stand seeing 3 commercials for upcoming shows, then watching a show with the bottom third of the screen taken up with graphics for the same upcoming shows.

Thanks, Darkprime!
    My Ipod thanks you, too.

20. Zipdisk

Yes, it's still fullscreen, which bothers me a little, but not enough to keep me from LOVING it.