Animated Season 1 & 2... who hasn't gotten toys yet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Laser_Optimus, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, started thinking about this the other day due to a conversation I was having in another thread. With Season 3 rumored to not be coming out until after the movie is released (and then we probably wouldn't see any S3 characters in toy form unless they get an early release like Jetfire & Jetstorm) it just got me to thinking who we have left to get and if we're going to have enough time for enough waves to get them... assuming that Hasbro pulls what they did last time and only has the movie line run by itself. Also, just for the record... I'm not really counting Activators releases as I really consider them more of a sub-line within the line.

As far as I can tell we've got confirmation on some:

Wreck-Gar: confirmed to be a Voyager, but no release date known yet.
    Arcee: deluxe confirmed by Hasbro and seen in store computers.
    Wasp: deluxe seen in store computers.
    Mixmaster: unknown size class, but I believe a toy was confirmed by Hasbro.
    Scrapper: unknown size class, but I believe a toy was confirmed by Hasbro.

And no word or 'no plans' on others:
    "Ramjet", "Thundercracker", "Sunstorm", "Femmescream", Cliffjumper, Ironhide and a no plans currently comment for Omega Supreme.

So, am I missing anyone and, honestly, what do you guys think the likelihood is of us actually getting releases of all these guys?

2. S250

S250 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember I saw constructicons will be Deluxe 2 pack somewhere.....

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Arcee
    Elita1
    omega supreme
    wasp
    ironhide

4. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought that was confirmed to have just been speculation of some kind?

Eh, I'm not that sure they'd even consider doing a figure of her given the fact that she is Blackarachnia.

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    they did make a CJ. activtors

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He doesn't count Activators.

But yeah for cameos like Cliffjumper you SHOULD consider it considering it's probably the only toy that cameo is getting, and they actualy gave him a new head.

7. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I probably would if I were going to continue buying them, but I've found them to be terribly flimsy toys. Just my opinion, but they feel like too much of the engineering went into their gimmick (which I do think is cool mind you), but not enough into other areas of the toy. To me the plastic feels kind of cheap and the lack of articulation in certain areas just makes them seem cheap to me.

Well, at least CJ is getting a new head. I'm kind of holding out hope that we'll see a CJ at Deluxe size (with new head) out of Wasp's toy (considering that Wasp basically has BB's Cybertronian form with a different head). Might just be wishful thinking on my part though (but, hey, they're apparently releasing BB three freakin' times so what the slag not huh? :lol  )

8. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe at Bo.................shutting up now!!!!!

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure you won't buy him, but you should at least take him off the list of characters without any toys.

10. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Point taken.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ramjet, Thundercracker, and Cliffjumper are getting toys. Yeah, they are Activators, but they are still toys, and as far as I'm concerned, the Constructicons haven't been confirmed for toys yet. They probably, and hopefully, will be getting toys, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they, in the long run, don't.

Pure fan speculation.

12. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ramjet's getting an Activator? When did I miss that?

Also, I'm kind of with you on the Constructicons. I know a lot of people say they were confirmed to get toys at Botcon, but I don't remember reading it anywhere.

On a side note... has anyone noticed how there seemed to be a lot of misinformation out of the 2008 Botcon as apposed to previous years?

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    He was in one of the Walmart listings a while back. The whole thing that got the Constructicons are getting toys thing is that the title of the section that they were listed under was titled something like Animated Toys. Basically the news post went something like this:

Animated Toys:

Constructicons: yada yada yada

They had more than that, but that was, imo, how the whole thing started, and thus has gone a bit out of hand. As for the misinformation, I think it's more along the lines of them saying things in a way that can be taken in so many ways it's impossible to really tell what they're truly saying. For example, the whole "Skywarp and Thundercracker aren't a part of a clone army" is technically true. The clone army is only made up of differently colored Starscreams. Two of which just happen to be colored like Skywarp and Thundercracker. Even the whole "There is no clone army" can be explained as the "clones" really just being indevidual parts of Starscream's personality, and not a fulll on clone, who would theoretically either have their own personality, if just a physically same clone, or the same exact personality, if a full on clone of everything Starscream.

Yeah, I've put WAY too much thought into this ;) 

14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Combine that with all of us really wanting toys of them and there you go.

Well, too much thought is better than too little. At least it allows you to explain your opinion right? :D 

Anyways, yeah, I guess it's just got more to do with them being pretty vague this year and people just adding their own opinions to what the meaning actually is. Though, as far as the clones go for the toys... they do seem to be getting the names based on their colors (and the bio for Skywarp is so 'Purple Clone'), but I'm actually of the opinion that if these guys show up again in S3 they will probably take on their namesakes so to speak.

15. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if there will be an Animated original 13? particually Vector.

16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    ya know, i NAILED that "clones yet with different personalities" thing way back before we even knew they were in the show-just lettin ya know you arent the only one who's put alot of thought into it.

(though i also said that the cloning bit gave them powers, and i only said SW and TC, but still)

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The thing is, the reason that the "clones" are getting their particular color coordinated Seeker names, is because giving them those name instead of "Personality trait" Starscream, is because what appears to be multiple new characters will sell better, in theory, than multiple variations of the same character (though it'll work a certain amount of times for certain characters, Bumblebee is a good example of this). Also, if they do get these names in the show at some point, it won't affect what they said at Botcon, as that decision, most likely, would have been made after they said that.

That would be interesting. Especially an Animated version of the Fallen. Not sure how likely that is though, as it seems if we'll be getting anything for the original 13 in the next couple of years, it'll most likely be either in Universe or the Movie line.

18. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The "Blitzwing and Thundercracker won't be part of the clone army" was said right after "There will be no army of Starscream clones", wasn't it? >_>

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Umm...it was Skywarp and Thundercracker, not Blitzwing and Thundercracker. I was addressing the reason that their toys were getting the individual names in that particular post. Their show counterparts are still just variations of Starscream. That and I already addressed these two comments in my earlier post:

20. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    I would simply like to add that some of us DONT consider activators to be part of the main line so Activators Cliffjumper doesnt really count sure he may be getting a toy but not a mainline toy.