Animated Schedule Change, Episode 5 Skipped (Possible Spoilers After 1st Post)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    *wipes hand across brow*

WHEWWW I was scared for a minute there that Cartoon Network might do right by a Transformers series.

2. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

No. I say that because it hasn't aired yet.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Considering how generally slow & uneventful Episode 4 was, I wouldn't be surprised if the powers that be decided to follow it with an episode that has a little more going on in terms of characters, plot, etc. Episode 4 wasn't bad or anything, but it certainly didn't have much momentum to it, and if Episode 5 is the same way, that could lose a lot of viewers rather easily.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ooh, Lockdown shows up in an ep or 2?

Hawt, down with Episode 5! Bring on 6 and 7!

Heh...

5. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

What's that supposed to mean?

6. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Question....?

Was the 1 hour preview episode was episodes 1-3...or 1-4? And if it was 1-3 when did episode 4 come on I missed it....

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    1-3 aired Dec. 26 and 4 aired last Saturday. Check here for the latest showtimes.

8. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Sweet.

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

*sigh*

10. Autobot_Goldbug

Autobot_Goldbug The REAL Goldbug

News Credits:
    Especially with Cartoon Network!
    Oh this just in new episodes will be airing at 6am EST in April! :p 

11. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    wow I read through all the pages of this post and well some folks need to chill the hell out, it's just a cartoon. if the ep was moved it was probably boring as hell and deserved to be moved, who cares just watch tv and quit whining about things you can't control. :rolls eyes:

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Here's hoping YTV shows the episode.

13. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was about to kneejerk and scream "DAMN IT CN YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHERE THIS ROAD LEADS" but then I saw it wasn't a timeslot change. :lol 

14. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just to clarify that RiD business for the people that don't know... after 9/11, a bunch of episodes were removed from the re-run schedule, some didn't air at all, and one had to be held back for editing.

The first two episodes, "Battle Protocol" and "An Explosive Situation" were removed from re-runs because the first featured Megatron crashing through a building in hand-mode, while the second was about a terrorist bomb hidden in a sports car. "Spychangers to the Rescue" had to have some of its dialogue re-edited for re-runs to replace a reference to a possible explosion with "circuit corrosion."

Episode 6, "Secret of the Ruins" is a pretty infamous case, because it was already completed, but had not aired, when 9/11 occurred. The opening scenes of this episode featured a battle in a city, and a reference to terrorism ("The robo-terrorism of the 1980s," to be precise), but that was a no-go, so the whole episode had to be held back so that the opening scene could be reconstructed, using footage from "Battle Protocol" (with Sandy Fox dubbing in new lines for Dorrie Dutton). As a consequence, this episode didn't actually air until between episodes 24 and 25 (this is later than it sounds - remember that up until episode 22, RiD was airing 6 times a week).

Episodes 17, "Attack from Outer Space," 21, "Landfill" and 22, "Sky-Byte Saves the Day" did not air in the US because they featured a lot of building-destruction (in particular, the whole plot of "Sky-Byte Saves" is centered on preventing the world's tallest tower from falling over. Yikes!). They went on to air in Canada and the UK, though.

Also, the show's three clips episodes also all aired out of order, but it's not really clear if that was due to 9/11, or just becaue they were completed re-built by the dub team into entirely different episodes, and hence took longer to do.

15. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

h

i dont know about episodes of rid being removed from re-runs,but i do know that i got all the episodes on tape,and i started about a quarter of the way into it.

i dont see anybody going over the top and needing to "chill the hell out".i see less people complaing about missing an episode than there are people complaining about people complaining.arent we here to discuss topics?you came into the thread and bitched that people were talking about the topic of the thread!!just going around to various threads to tell everyone to shutup?

16. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree.

But then again, that's almost par for the course on here (or most comms, FTM) - someone complains on-topic, others complain about the complainer & that a life is needed.

ON TOPIC - interesting - and I'll be interested to see if there is a "trend", or just classic cartoon out-of-order. And that sucks - cuz I was looking forward to ep5 too - I saw the info on my comcast DVR-setting :( 

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    People, stop complaining about each other if you want to avoid being kicked out of the thread. Thanks.

18. MasterPrime

MasterPrime Assemble and Roll Out

News Credits:
    Alright we get to see the dinobots early cant wait for Saturday now!!