Animated Scale

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by drill, Jun 20, 2008.

1. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    I noticed this by looking at the Animated toys and the show.

First off, BB is way out of scale, but perhaps the activator will be. Lugnut is poorly out of scale, but hopefully that will be fixed. Soundwave as well. But the main concern is is Prime.

Now the Decepticons tower over the Autobots. SS is huge compared to Prime and the others. Thus to be in scale with the Decepticons, the deluxe class Prime is the way to go. (Noticed this in Mission Accomplished and on a rewatch of the third part of TFaRO!

However when looking at the Autobots the Voyager is the way to go, as he is supposed to be taller then Ratchet, the tallest non voyager toy/ character for the Autobots.

Just throwing this out there. No complaints (Other then really Lugnut. Damn it make him a leader).

(Oh about my Prime problem I just got a TRU card for graduation so I'm gonna get the Voyager after all!)

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, it's not like we've ever really had an entire line be in scale ever. I guess I kind of understand as this line seems to get pretty darned close, but overall the figures are great and that's all that really matters to me personally.

3. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

i hear ya. we are so close to having a pretty scaled out collection. something ALWAYS goes wrong though. wether it be size or color coordination. =)

4. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't you know TFA goes by hierarchy of size? The more popular you are the bigger the toy!
    lol

5. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

There is no such a thing as scale in animated.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As Stated before the dont side of a cel animated show is that the Characters get bigger of smaller based on the dramatic needs of the scene, perspective, and continuity errors. Until somebody finds a size comparison chart from the animated show bible we can never bee a 100% on who is taller then who. That being said it seam to me that there are definetely multiple scales in animated toy line. There is a scale for autobots, decepticons, and of course one for just lugnut and voyager bulkhead

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

I can deal with most of the scale differences between the show and the figures; Optimus Prime doesn't bother me so much as a voyager (even if Starscream should be significantly taller) but I'd like it better if there were more leader-class Decepticons (namely Lugnut) to help the whole feeling of the Autobots being dwarfed by the 'Cons.
    Actually, as the show (and thus the toy line) is supposed to go on for a while, there may very well be more spots for leader-class figures; hands down, Lugnut needs to be the next one if they do any more. You can argue up and down about the cartoon's scale changing from scene to scene, but clearly Lugnut is significantly larger than anybody else but Megatron and Omega Supreme (hell, even his vehicle mode implies that he should be absolutely gigantic).

8. butz

butz slippery when wet

I can deal with most of the scale differences between the show and the figures; Optimus Prime doesn't bother me so much as a voyager (even if Starscream should be significantly taller) but I'd like it better if there were more leader-class Decepticons (namely Lugnut) to help the whole feeling of the Autobots being dwarfed by the 'Cons.
    Actually, as the show (and thus the toy line) is supposed to go on for a while, there may very well be more spots for leader-class figures; hands down, Lugnut needs to be the next one if they do any more. You can argue up and down about the cartoon's scale changing from scene to scene, but clearly Lugnut is significantly larger than anybody else but Megatron and Omega Supreme (hell, even his vehicle mode implies that he should be absolutely gigantic).

9. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they figured lugnuts at $40 wont sell, which is quite true

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Lugnuts at $40 would sell just as well as any leader toy. probably better, as his gimmicks are AWESOME.

and in some scenes in the show, Lugnut is taller than Megatron. just sayin.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The toys are fun. I care little if any for scale when the figures themselves are this incredible.

12. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Lugnuts size doesnt bother me in the slightest....I just want the damn thing!!!

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not so sure about that... he'd probably sell just as well as any other character that gets a Leader Class figure... meaning not a lot most of the time. The price point in general just doesn't sell too well, but obviously it sells enough that Hasbro keeps putting out at least three per line with two repaints.

Lugnut probably wasn't chosen simply because there wasn't a slot for him and Bulkhead works with the Headmaster gimmick they gave him. I would also speculate that it could have also been a decision based around the fact that good guys always outsell bad guys in a children's toy line... sure you're going to have some who go against the grain, but generally kids are interested in the heroes more than the villains.

14. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Yeah, I cannot think of a line that has more Cons than Bots.