Animated Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Flarglenoogin, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Flarglenoogin

Flarglenoogin Arrgh me matey!

Are they even still making that thing? I haven't heard anything about it and I'm just wondering if he got cancelled.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Cancelled? I really hope not...

3. Vector Squidma

Vector Squidma Smalltime Casual

News Credits:
    Well hopefully either TakaraTomy will end up releasing it for their TFA run, or the toy might get released under the Generations label.

4. Liam Prime

Liam Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    well its not just rodimus we havent had a news on recently. theres blackout, wingblade optimus etc. i recon we should see them by summer if not should have some news at botcon. i hope :) 

5. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Considering Animated was not show at Toy fair, my suspicion is that the remaining new mold figures will end up store exclusive, likely TRU since they have already gotten Arcee and Cybertron Ratchet.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    hasbro is working on how they can get them out there, be patient

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Blackout went through production, I can tell you that much. The others might have as well, or are in production, or will be soon.

They just need to be distributed.

8. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Hasbro spent the money to produce the new mold for Rodimus (along with other new TFA figs), so I doubt they'd scrap him or any others at this stage, as they probably wish to get some of that investment back from eventual sales. And that's just it - Rodimus would SELL. I'd be far more worried about the other stuff in the line getting canned somehow, at this stage - but not Rodimus. They could produce the hell outta that mold and mass distribute him just like the Classics version, and it would STILL sell out everywhere entirely. So yeah - I think we'll still get him. But the how and the where are really the wildcards, at this point in time.

Personally, I'd really love to see the rest of the TFA line go into the Generations "catch-all" sub-line. They would look odd I'm sure in non-TFA packaging, but the trade-off is solid availability. Absorbing the last waves of TFA into Generations would likely insure mass distribution of the remaining toys into all major retailers (many of whom are dropping - or already have dropped - TFA toys; many Target stores have got them on clearance around here or they're already gone, and half the Wal-Marts I regularly hit don't even carry the line anymore) and everyone would have a pretty fair chance at getting one that really wants it. None of the exclusivity nightmares we're currently seeing for many folks with Arcee. If Rodimus goes TRU exclusive as well, that's gonna suck some balls, for sure. So let's hope that doesn't happen. If it does, he'd probably prove to be as elusive, if not more so, than Arcee has been thus far. A scalper's wet dream indeed.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If Hasbro doesn't release it, Takara will. Don't worry!

10. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    I think seeing Animated in the Generations line is highly likely. Personally, if they did cancel Rodimus, it would be a huge loss for them. What we saw at SDCC last year was a finished production version of the toy, meaning that they had it all ready to ship out then. If they cancel it now, then they would have lost even more than they would have cancelling it in the prototype stage. Same for TFA Ironhide, IMO. Now that Cybertron Ratchet's out, there is no reason not to release Ironhide. NONE. Anyway Rodimus is def my favorite character (username? haha) so I think I would be one of the most disappointed in the world to see this guy lose out. I also really want to see Wingblade Prime get a release, though. That guy looked SOO money :rock 

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    we know rodimus was manufactured. those werent hand-painted test shots at botcon. those were factory painted samples. the only difference between them and the toys in boxes at stores were the ID numbers carved into them.

12. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I hope the new Animated toys will be on shelf some day.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    yup Rodimus will sell and likely end up like Arcee scalped to the gills! more so than the other remaining molds it would be/will be scalped! that said id be all for it in the generation line for them if meant they would not be exclusives and easier to find.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We'll probably see the rest of the Animated figures. Something's telling me they're gonna be released in the Generations line, though.

15. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I see them being generations or store exclusives. I really want me some Rodimus, so I'm hoping we see him.

16. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like others said I can see this getting released in the Generations line.

17. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I say that it end up as a Wal-Mart Exclusive with Toxic Oil Slick,Ironhide,Wasp,Votrex Blurr,Wingblade Prime,Golfire Grimlock,Hyrodrive Bumblebee,& Muddy Bulkhead.

18. AMG

AMG Old School

I still have hope that we'll see him one way or the other. Rodimus is my most wanted Animated bot right now.

19. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    Rodimus is the only animated figure that I want.

20. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I hope he gets a TRU release, my TRUs are awesome when it comes to exclusives.