2D Artwork: Animated Rodimus on Shadow Moses Island

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Lucario Prime, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    PROGRAM: Photoshop CS2
    MEDIUM: Mouse
    TIME: ~2 hours due to the computer freezing.

This is another one of my boredom-yet-needing-a-new-Facebook-profile-picture drawing! This time it's Animated Rodimus.

Shadow Moses Island took really long because I spliced my own images of it with real parts of it, then used an effect called Cutout. The hardest part was definitely the Autobot symbol.

My older brother states that it gives off a Frankenstein's monster vibe.

[​IMG]

The picture I referenced this from is: http://www.panelsonpages.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/rodimus.jpg .

Feedback, please! :) 

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I love the washed out style this piece has! I really think that's the strength of this illustration, literally being the glue that holds everything together.

I think that Rodimus looks a little wonky. I know that's part of the Animated design, but he kinda feels like he's a medium between G1 and Animated Hot Rod/Rodimus. I think if you're shooting for an "Animated" illustration (even with the washed out nature of your illustrative style), you'll be best suited in pushing the extreme of the Animated style a bit more than other Animated pieces even, simply because of your style.

Beyond that, I'd say that 2 hours is an impressive time frame to produce this piece. I think you've done an overall good job :thumb 

3. JakmanFirby

JakmanFirby The Jakman

News Credits:
    i agree its impressive