Animated Rodimus Minor Pictorial Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Peaugh, Jul 10, 2010.

1. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

so he won't be released over in the UK then, damn, don't really want to order off of the internet, oh well, thanks anyway.

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    You'd have to really work at it. Here's a shot of the forearm plate unscrewed from the forearm:

[​IMG]

Not only would you have to cut away a fair bit of material, you'd have to cut away around where the whole forearm screws together, and then your pivot point is going to be the screw that holds it all together, which just seems iffy to me. Also, the grey exhaust bit is glued/fused to the maroon guardplate, so you risk damaging a couple of pieces just prying it off in the first place. Is it doable? Yes. Do I recommend it? Not at all.

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When is Ironhide being released?

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    August-ish?

5. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 ライオコンボイ

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Uhh, no. Hydrodive Bumblebee and Golfire Grimlock are the only Animated figures that were downright cancelled. They did say that Wingblade Prime is part of the figures they intend to release, but we've seen absolutely nothing on him yet.

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    While I'm not sure on Golfire Grimlock, I'm pretty certain both Wingblade Prime and Hydrodive Bumblebee are getting confirmed Takara releases, so they'll at least be available at some point.

7. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    It looks like Hydrodrive Bumblebee was renamed in the Takara release. They're both named Jetpack Bumblebee on BBTS and TFSource pre-orders.

Japanese Transformers Animated - TA39 Jetpack Bumblebee - Transformers Animated Japanese Figures
    Japanese Transformers Animated - TA39 - Jetpack Bumblebee

8. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me wanty now! Me wanty now! Seriously though, that is a bangin Hot Rod toy. Seeing that almost solidifies in my mind that the next MP is in fact Hot Rod. The designers came up with a way to hide his windshield in robot mode. I can't wait for this to show up in stores!!!

9. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    Animated should have gone on longer, dammit. :( 

I WILL NOT REST UNTIL ANIMATED POWERMASTER PRIME IS IN MY HANDS, STANDING NEXT TO THIS AWESOME TOY.

*30 years later...*

10. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I hope so. I need Rodimus, Hide and Wingblade Optimus.

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Wingblade Prime isn't going to get a Hasbro release, at least as of now. Takara has one coming out soon though.

And Peaugh, if possible, could you take a picture with Rodimus and Prowl? Thanks a lot.

12. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Well that stinks.

13. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    im not big fan of animated figures but the series was good i like more of g1 & classics rodimus more but i will pick him up anyone think fansprojects or third prtie company may make trailer

14. Arkayanon

Arkayanon Well-Known Member

I may have just found my first Animated purchase.

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Wasn't sure if you wanted Samurai or Regular Prowl, so here he is with and without his armor:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also got a couple pics in robot and vehicle mode with Cybertron Prime, since I know people will eventually ask (and I just felt like playing with Cyb. Prime):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this guy. I've always held TFA close to my heart because it was the only TF series I caught every episode of at its original airing time and it was a shame to see it end so soon. I will pick this guy up asap and I still need Blackout

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, unless there's a bunch of unsightly detail on the red door panel that further blocks off the pipes, it should be very[/b] easy to do. Just shave down the tabs that prevent the pipes from rotating. Then drill out the hole in his forearms just a tiny bit, so that the screw no longer catches on it. Glue the door panel to his arm, and then screw the pipes onto the forearm.

Doesn't look like the pipes wrap around the geometry of the door at all, so it should work.

18. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

I get that, I can see how it CAN work, the biggest sticking point (no pun intended) is that the exhaust pipes are glued fairly well to the maroon armguard. Solidly enough that just trying to pry up the exhaust pipe carefully to confirm that it was glued started to stress the maroon plastic. Thankfully the marks are currently hidden by both the exhaust and the orange forearm on the inside, but it's entirely likely one of the pieces will break in the process. I mean, it's also possible they won't, but I wasn't about to force it and find out. If you try it, just be VERY careful when removing the exhaust.

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Thanks again Peaugh

Always enjoy your vids. Mature & to the point. It's also better than reading the instructions.

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oops, didn't read the part where you said it was glued/welded into place. Silly me.

Maybe a heat gun would help release the glue, though without having the toy in hand myself, I can't say for sure how it all works.