Digibash: Animated Rattrap idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by stratonrye, Feb 16, 2009.

1. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Hey, I'm kind of new here (this being my actual first post) but I have been admiring everyone's hard work in the Radicons section for a while now. Some of the kitbashes and digibashes I have been most excited to see are the Animated Beast Wars characters. Although I was born in the eighties (1988 to be precise) I'm obviously not not old enough to have grown up watching the original show. I did get into G1 transformers first when I was little and love the original Transformers the Movie. The Beast Wars series finally came out (I kept hearing about it and getting the toys but couldn't find the show anywhere on TV) while I was in elementary or middle school and it holds a really special place in my heart. I really love Nemesis Predaking's customs and other ideas for projects but I felt Rattrap could use a little work. I decided to make my my own digibash of our rodent friend myself using my new and limited (but growing) knowledge of photoshop I am learning in college. Well... and so, like i said, I have pretty limited knowledge so far and I am tired of messing with it so here is my idea of using Animated Prowl for the body of Transmetal Rattrap. The color scheme is not really what i wanted but it gives you a better idea of what it would look like than just cutting and pasting rattrap's head on prowl's body and telling you to imagine. This idea might work better with Rattrap's original color scheme but I like his transmetal mode a lot more. I kind of cheated by using a screen shot for the head but I didn't want to edit the toy head too. Tell me what you think or what I should actually use as a base to modify the head or make a better digibash (i won't be insulted).

PS to give credit where credit is due, I modified images from the a google search and Seibertron.com. They have really extensive galleries. No offense to ours.

Attached Files:

2. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    awsome job there man!
    i like your idea for BW Ani. Rattrap,
    i cant wait to see you start on this one :D 
    are you actully going to give it a TM Rattrap head too?

3. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

Yeah, if I can find one. Although it might be easier to make a more show accurate one from scratch, especially to get it the size I want. I still need to work on the color scheme too.