Animated Ratchet's chest

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Whateverist, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Whateverist

Whateverist Wallpaper

When you press Deluxe Ratchet's front bumper/chest part down to give him his gut, is it supposed to slot into something? On mine I can press it down to the point where the wheels touch the wheel arches, but when I let go the tension from the plastic snaps it back to the front. The pictures on Seibertron's gallery show the wheels right up to the wheel arches, on mine there's a pretty big gap.

And is it supposed to be this hard to press the front down?

2. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    My ratchet was hard to push the first time, but has loosened up over time.

3. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I thought mine was going to break the first time I pushed it down. It took a ton of force. I actually thought mine was broken at first. I decided, screw it. I pushed and fially it broke loose. Now it is just fine.

4. Whateverist

Whateverist Wallpaper

I eventually got it down by prying the plastic pieces that hold the wheels apart, and I can sort-of get it down once every three tries. What's bothering me more is that pushing it down puts a lot of stress on the plastic - it almost looks as if there are supposed to be holes in it for the tabs to plug into, but it's just smooth plastic all the way, and I was wondering if it's a defect or just shoddy engineering.