Animated Prowl Discussion Thread?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MTME, Jul 21, 2009.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi,
    I am getting through Transformers Animated (actually enjoying it with my four year son) and already have a favorite, Prowl (of course see avatar).

It seems like in the first few episodes he is kind of..well...an ass.
    He says in the first episode "There is only one bot I trust...me"
    and in Home is where the Spark is he is all sulky and standoffish not wanting to talk. But we all (or most of us) know what he did in the final episode so something in his personality had to have changed. I am anxious and eager to get through other episodes to see what makes the change.

Also I don't like the new Prowl look in the final episode, he just looks too big and bulky not agile like a "ninja" should.

What are your thoughts on the animated Prowl??

2. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    Animated is over. Sorry.

3. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    He's awesome!

<---See my sig and Avatar

4. newguy

newguy i

Indeed.

see my avatar. It's not ani prowl

5. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well as we see in the episode Five Servos of Doom, Prowl wasn't even part of the Autobots in the beginning. And then he was forced to join Optimus's crew when his ship was destroyed. I don't think that it was too long after Prowl joined them that Megatron attacked their ship and the events of the first episode happened. He was probably still mad at them all for blowing up his ship.

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Duh, I know that hence why I mentioned the FINAL episode.
    Doesn't mean we can't discuss though especialy since some of us are new to it.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    dont be asses. just because animated is over doesnt mean it cant still be discussed. we still talk about G1 and Beast Wars.

8. newguy

newguy i

I understand and respect that. Everyone was pointing out what their avatar was, so i joined in on the fun.

9. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THIS. Seriously.

Prowl is the shining star of animated. He is to Animated what Dinobot is to BW. I love his voice actor.

My favorite moment of him is in the 3rd season episode "Human Error" where he is standing in the snow. You'll see it.

10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen little clips of episodes and things of Prowl and am excited to get through the next 2 seasons. I do wish it wasn't over.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    prowl was awesome, but what is there to discuss.....he was awesome, got awesomer, then died

12. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL, well there was a lot to discuss in the sideswipe appreciation thread.
    I guess about how the character evolved, changed, his relationships with others, etc.

13. optimus12380

optimus12380 Well-Known Member

Well don't forget in "Five Servos of Doom" Prowl is finally able to wear Yoketron's armor & helmet so he is essentially upgraded to a cyber "samurai", which explains the new look and bulk.

Prowl was an Autobot in the beginning, just not part of Optimus' repair crew. He was arrested for refusing to fight in the Great War against the Decepticons and released to Sensei Yoketron, where he began training as a cyber ninja.

Anyways, I really dig the character especially in the final season with the new upgrades. Also liked how Jazz had a more prominent role in the final season as well.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly? I thought Prowl was a huge douche.

I got so damn sick of all his "be like the wind" ninja crap and that overused "processor over matter" plot device in season 3. I'm actually quite pleased that he died in the last episode and, presumably, season 4 would have had Jazz filling the team ninja role.

I will say that the Samurai Prowl toy is freaking amazing, though.

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, that was my only dislike was his overusage of the Cybertronian version of the Force.

I thought he would do the classics save my leader from doom by sacrificing myself thing in the finale which would've been better than P over M stuff.

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    It's part of his character growth.

Really, if you just watch the series you'll see a subtle change in his character over the course of the series. There isn't one big turning point in his characterization, the closest there is to a turning point is in Transform and Roll Out with his dialogue after the team saved his spark.

Later in the season you'll get some elements to his background and personality fleshed out, but mostly it's just the transitory change from being a loner to being a team player. (For fun, after you get done with the series, go back and watch Transform and Roll Out again to realize just how much characterization there was in the series!)

He doesn't get a new look in the final episode; again there's a whole story to it and we first get parts of it in season 2.

Prowl is a well done character, however I'll disagree with many of the other gushing Prowlfanatics and claim he was not the centerpiece and awesomesauce character, that honor goes to Ratchet.

17. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

THANK YOU for saying this.

18. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is actually turning out to be a cool discussion.
    I respect the opinions of all those that like and dislike Prowl and the reasons that they stated. After all the thread is called the Prowl discussion thread, not necessarily the appreciation thread.
    It is good to know that the characterization will flesh out throughout the show. Most of the times cartoons just don't bother with that stuff.

19. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I <3 Animated Prowl. Probably my favorite Autobot after Ratchet.

I always did, and even more so when he got his armor upgrade. There was such strong character development.

His death was really sad. That smile... ugh... will never get that out of my mind. :( 

20. Heracles Max

Heracles Max Forticon Leader

Pravus Prime has it right.

Animated Prowl showed a great deal of change during the course of the series. I am very glad that they did this with Prowl, as he was not a very nice Autobot in the beginning. However, he exemplified the path of a martial artist when he bettered himself through discipline and effort, with his sacrifice of self to save others being the ultimate expression of achieving his goal. I would not be surprised if we see him again in a subsequent Animated venture. One can hope!