Minor/Repaint: Animated Powerglide WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Hyre, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just started this one, though I've had the idea for ages. Eon Kid Ace into Animated Powerglide(yes, I know there already is one, but he's a tank with skis if I remember right. Shouldn't he be PowerDRIVE?). As my own story for him goes, he's the son of the official Powerglide(who'd have the suggested name instead), but he's an upgrade junkie. Loyal to a fault, but initially weak, he starts off by 'volunteering' as the next test subject for the Flying Bots program that the Jet Twins made it through. After the initial success, he was hooked on upgrading himself, and by this point he has enough of an arsenal to give most ranking Primes a run for the shelter on a bad day. He is, again, very loyal, but hot tempered at times and if someone(like, say, Swindle) were to dangle a snazzy new upgrade in front of him...who knows?

So far, I've only drilled a 3mm hole in a back panel of Eon Kid's Ace and shaved some detail bits off the GI Joe C.L.A.W., but I plan to give the Claw a bit more work, rounding it out, giving it the 'fang' things that are jutting off of 'Glide's wings, and smoothing the sculpt so that it's more cartoonish. I'd also love to hear any suggestions for more upgrades, and any suggestions on how to make the elbows a little better

Attached Files:

2. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

I always loved that fig, didn't know what I could do with it, but your idea is awesome!
    I like it as powerglide, but it might work better as a vehicon, or decepticon, i say that because you have a perfect shape to make it an evil bot of some type... Or even TF: Prime character?
    Either way, you have got my attention and inspired me something awful :) 

3. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Glad to hear it! I'm thinking of maybe altering his missiles to be wire-guided grappling missiles(That way he can either grab you, or grab you and blow you up. Yes, there will be mix-ups 8D) currently. As to the evil-bot stuff: Maybe for a future project, but this one at least is going to stay as Animated Powerglide ;D

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

It works for Animated, and arguably nothing else, as those legs are tiny. Still, I wait to see where this goes.

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

That a fun mold to work with. Good luck with he head, boy when you get ready to work on the head be ready to be frustrated. ENJOY THOUGH

6. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    nice!

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's a really interesting mould. I'd say I like what you've done to it, but I don't know what it looked like before. The results are certainly cool, though, and the bio's pretty interesting, too. :) 

8. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not going to do more than maybe paint some eyes. I like the head. Tremo, on the other hand...he's going to need a lot of work...currently thinking of maybe turning him into an animate Twin Twist or a new character entirely.
    Hah, thanks, but really, I didn't do much to him yet. Like I said, all I really did was add that backpack, he's otherwise pretty much the same old Eon Kid Ace toy ^^;

9. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is awesome, painted up right though it could really work as a TF:p rime omega supreme. Obviously depending on the size of the figure as i dont think ive ever seen this figure before. It looks great though

10. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    He's a bit small for that XD; He's between a deluxe and a voyager, closer to deluxe.

11. Hyre

Hyre Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    But yeah, folks, reeeeeally looking for some upgrade ideas here. Preferably detachable and hopefully useful in alt-mode. Anyone got suggestions?