animated plastics, 2 types????? (wearing ball joints)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by microclone, Jun 21, 2008.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I notice delux cybertron prime has a rather glossy plastic. His joints are all tight but i do see that the shoulder ball joints show powdered plastic around the ball as the ball or socket (both?) start to wear, ive not seen this powdered plastic in any other toys (eg BA who has several ball joints) Voyager prime seems to have 2 plastic types, the rather matt version of most of him and then the more glossy grey parts..

anyway im not really making a point but I wonder is anybody else getting the wearing out of the shoulder ball/socket on delux prime?
    maybe this type of wear is limited to the glossier plastic.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It happens to a lot of figures (not just animated), though the powder is in more abundance here. Possibly because his arms have a lot of wearing because the joints are tight. It's fine, I just usually pop the arm of, clean the ground plastic and pop it back on. (I sometimes apply clear nail polish aswell)

3. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i thought the same thing as the joints are really (well a bit less so now) tight.