Animated or Prime Humans?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by kaijuguy19, Sep 1, 2012.

?

Which Humans do you like best?

1. Animated

39 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. Prime

63 vote(s)
    50.4%
  3. None.

8 vote(s)
    6.4%
  4. Both.

15 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Both shows have their share of good and bad written Humans. So which humans do you like best of both shows?

For me it's a tie because they have my two favourite humans in it. Sari and Jack both pretty cool characters. :)  Animated has Fanzone while Prime has Folwer.

What about you?

2. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Prime. Just...

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    If I could:

I would ditch Miko for sure and replace her with Sari.

Then I would bring in Fanzone as a police officer that pulls over Bumblebee and learns he's a robot. Bring Fanzone into the main group and watch the magic between and Fowler kick off.

Then I would have Meltdown as a M.E.C.H agent that had a test go wrong.

4. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    prime humans, I never liked sari......fanzone was cool though..but he's no ernie hudson in prime..in prime he's just some general

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Animated.

Namely because they had humans EVERYWHERE in crowd shots and actually made locations look populated. I understand WHY Prime can't do it, but really it just feels empty in urban areas without any people whatsoever.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Excellent point. I prefer Sari to any of the humans in Prime, and Miko is just so ungodly awful...

7. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    sari..better than Fowler?....Hardly logical jk. I never liked sari for some reason..she just irked me while miko never bothered me. but I can see where people would get annoyed by her...

8. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I'm sure that we can all agree that if there's one thing Prime has over Animated is that it doesn't have over the top and silly super villians that annoy the viewer greatly. :lol 

9. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    You know, except those villains added personality and comic relief to Animated and interjected some life into the show.

10. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    I'm afraid not everyone agrees with that. I understand why they're made but still they can be pretty annoying espcially Professer Princess. UGH!

11. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Still better than Miko...

12. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Miko's a fine charcter. She gets into just as much bullshit as Sari does, except she's not a robot.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yep and also made impacts to both bots and cons. Say like how Meltdown tortured the Dinobots or was going to use BA as a test subject. Also force Prowl and Fanzone to build up a respect for each other.

The only pointless one was pony girl. Yet, I'd would take her over Miko at any point.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Animated. Animated had Sari, her dad, Fanzone, Powell was a great non-combative human villain, etc. Even the human villains were silly and funny and the human cast really brought home the innocence of Animated as a whole.

Prime's main three kids range from blah to make me wanna kick a bucket of watches that are also babies. Fowler used to be cool before he just became a vehicle for the writers to make Ernie Hudson say silly shit. Silas is annoying and pretentious (though hopefully that will change now, maybe please?) and June is a (so far) wasted opportunity.

WAY better. In fact, I don't understand how he could have said that sentence without thinking of that.

It's okay to hate Prof. Princess because she's a villain, and you're not supposed to root for her. We're supposed to be on Miko's side, yet she acts like a moron every single episode she's in.

15. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

I was happy with Prime's villains: it mixed things up from it constantly being Decepticons, and gave the Decepticons room to flex their muscle and actually be their own characters outside of their badge (Swindle for example).

Plus Sumdac was awesome. He and Fanzone are to this day the only reason I still ponder the Impossible Toys set. And Sari can go hang, but she's not entirely human now is she?

16. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll just put both. I would have put animated since Sari is still my favorite and I like the reliable detective Fanzone, but I'm still wondering whether Sari even qualifies as totally human.

The way I see it, Sari helped the autobots in a lot of ways. She helped them enjoy their stay on earth, learned from them, supported their development into heroes, provided supplies, spent time with them and formed a deep friendship with them.

She learned from the autobots such as Prowl, training under him (allowing her to elude the constructicons and distract Meltdown) and she also grew mature with her experiences with them. This was shown when she helped save her friends from Soundwave.

Sari helped the autobots develop into heroes and develop their talents. This was shown when she helped Bulkhead with his art and helped give Bumblebee the chance to shine with new jet boosters. She played a big role in turning Optimus' group of maintenance bots into the heroes of the city, convincing the city folk that they were the good guys. She provided the autobots with a base of operations as well as supplies for their activites. She even told Optimus were babies come from.

Sari was also able to show a deep bond with the autobots. Not just to one, but to all of them. I guess what made her character so great in my eyes is she was able to show that she cared for them as her family. Her reaction to them leaving during the season 1 finale was done well, imo.

As far as her recklessness is concerned, I think it's understandable for an 8 year old who has been secluded from the world and its norms. The other kids even thought of her as a freak in the first episodes. We know that she didn't have human friends, so the autobots may have seemed to her like mana from the heavens. Her actions with the key,and even her subsequent transformation was all done so that she could be of use to the autobots, because she didn't want to lose her best and only friends in her lonely world. The episode with Soundwave, was probably an attempt by her to attract new friends, through the soundwave toy. That episode also showed how she felt no one wanted to be with her, the invited kids leaving her at her own birthday party. She was lonely.

That is how I see her. And I think it makes her more relatable, because we all feel lonely at times.

Fanzone was also a really capable detective. It was nice to see a competent grown up with the autobots. He was a good partner with Ratchet, imo and his skills as a police officer came in handy. This was shown when he went to Cybertron with Ratchet and was able to obtain needed information. He was also one of those that was able to take down Meltdown. It's amazing that he can do so well against deadly machines. I also liked Fanzone's depiction as a man who hates machines.

And added bonus in Animated for me was Meltdown, who turned out to be an interesting villain.

As for Prime, it also has some really good humans. The kids and Fowler are quite competent, the kids have even killed Decepticons. It also seems Miko is improving. Jack for one seems to have a good rapport with Arcee and helped the autobots on numerous occasions. He was the one who retrieved the matrix.Then there is Raf who's hacking skills have helped the autobots get the Iacon database. Miko was even able to take out a Decepticon and seems to be doing well with Arcee. They also go where the autobots can't such as a museum to retrieve an energon harvester.

I also like Silas who seems like a good human villain at the moment. And Fowler is not bad as a liason.

17. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Animated has Fanzone, Sari, Angry Aaron Archer, Powell, etc.

Prime has Jack and Fowler. If she keeps her development, Miko too

I'll vote both

18. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    He has been incapacitated multiple times, and it is a running gag that he says silly stuff when he's unconscious. He displays superb character everywhere else, all the way up to his empathy and camaradery with Bulkhead in Toxicity and his empathy in Hurt. Fowler has never had his character compromised.

19. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime has better heroes (see avatar) whilst Animated had better villains (Prof. Princess > everything)

20. Haloid1177

News Credits:
    Considering all the kids are comedic relief, he could have stayed a serious character and everyone would have been happy.