Animated Optimus Prime -Apex Armor?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Smasher, Aug 27, 2008.

1. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ratchet isn't part of it. I could figure out a good way to add him, so he just helps like he did getting Omega Supreme going. Or, he could combine the key, the fragment and his magnetics to keep the rest together. This would all be nice for a one shot deal. I couldn't see it working more than that.

2. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Actually, working on something like that now. Oops, I've said too much! :confused2 

3. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Considering we've seen like 4 variations of Prime himself in show. I wouldn't be surprised on eventually. So long as it's not overtly complicated and cumbersome. Has to be sleak and make sense in how it's used, added on.

4 modes of Prime used in animated.
    1. Cybertron mode prime (deluxe toy)
    2. Full firetruck Prime
    3. Half truck prime (voyager toy)
    4. Cab truck prime (deluxe toy)

Yes all 4 have been used in show, but only 3 have toys. If you watch prime's appearances in animated, they have a small running gag of different prime version in each episode.

4. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Yeah, like the "Matrix" thing that has a history of souping up untested heroes and turning them into powerful warriors.

If Prime's upgrade was related to the Matrix somehow, I might have to start watching this show again.

5. Galvatro

Galvatro You'll do MY bidding... or taste MY wraith! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hello All!

I get to a post where someone has finally mentioned the Matrix angle. In a complete reverse scene from '86 Movie, Ultra Magnus (whether dead, or otherwise) eventually passes the Matrix to Op Prime. Prime then gets his upgrade like Hot Rod into Rodimus Prime at the end of '86 Movie. We've 2 seasons left, so who knows where Animated will go.

As to the Apex Armor angle or other power-ups, I would have to agree with the sentiment of some of the posters here- it has been beaten to death over the past several years and multiple generations. It seems used mostly by the Japanese storylines to power-up any Convoy or Prime-like character. G1 Ultra Magnus sort of started the whole thing, lasting into the Japanese Headmasters series where he was killed. Masterforce had God Ginrai (Super Ginrai with God Bomber), Victory had Star Saber then Victory Saber. CR2000/RiD had Prime with trailer, then Ultra Magnus as a power-up (God Fire Convoy/Omega Prime). Armada, Energon, and Cybertron all had trailer combinations, other Autobot combinations, and trailer/other Autobot/who else can we fit in here? combinations.

Don't get me wrong- I liked all of the Japanese series. But, if Hasbro uses some other level of improvement for Prime, I am all for it. The power-up trailer/armor/other Autobot/hey, you available? plot is becoming tired. Let's see something different, or something used before with some twists. And, Animated is definately fun for all of the plot twists!

Galvatro

6. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair Megatron is completly superior to Optimus hence why he's the 'con leader and Optimus barely deserves his rank as "Prime"