Animated Optimus "Helicopter Mode"

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by underwear-ninja, Dec 25, 2008.

1. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I got Animated Optimus (Voyager) for x-mas and was pretty excited- he's a figure I've been putting off getting due to money problems and/or laziness. However upon opening the box and getting him transformed (after most of the pieces had fallen off at some poitn, grr) I ran into a very aggrivating problem- his "gravity-spin assisted conversion" is incredibly loose, so much so that I can't really pose him too much without his torso spinning around uncontrollably- hence "helicopter mode"

Does anyone know if there's a way to lock this gear into place (like on the Deluxe Classic's prime) or if removing the gear is possible without disabling transformation, articulation, etc? I'd really hate to upset some one by telling them "hey man you got me a crappy gift" and I can't return it (no reciept) so I'm sort of stuck with something that's only playable as a sort-of-firetruck :c

2. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    After the torso spins into place. You should be able to just pull it forward and lock it in.
    After that it should act like a normal waist joint.

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, push it up into the rest of the figure after it does its automorph thang and its supposed to lock into place.

4. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. Do you mean the part that moves the legs down? I meant the part that moves the waist and such around.

5. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Find the thread for this toy in the Feedback forum, it was discussed extensively there.