Animated Oil Slick

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by wasp819, Mar 10, 2009.

1. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    All of a sudden i now have a new appreciation for oil slick, i love that guy, love him so much that im gunna go out and get him tomorrow (i must admit i have never liked this guy before, ive see him in shops a million times and not once have i thought of getting him and i really am not into getting decepticons at all, dont like em)
    Is all this because of him appearance in season 3? is because of his new black deco (please dont try and tell me that he only appears black because of him being out in space, hes black end of)
    What are the chances of his new black deco being done on purpose just so the chances of a repaint can be made?
    If this will happen when??
    plus oil slick is defo a shelf warmer, would hasbro risk putting out a repaint shelf warmer?

Should i go out and get him the way he is or hope and wait for a possible repaint??
    Please advise

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

I'd say go ahead and get him as he is. Its a good figure and I wouldn't see them redoing a character right now when there are more out there we want more.

3. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hasbro is always in the market to redeco their toys. Especially motorcycle toys, as they seem to sell fairly decent. So while no repaint has been announced, it wouldn't surprise me if he is, or was, part of their plans for the 2009 assortment.

4. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Go and buy him, well worth it and it wont break the bank

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Oil Slick is a terrific figure, especially for a motorcycle-former. You should get him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

If they do put out a black redeco of Oilslick, I'll be kicking myself for picking up the first one; because that toxic piss green deco on the first figure was the only thing I really didn't like about the toy.

7. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I guess if a repaint does happen it wont be for many many months
    So ile get the yellow and green version, but if black comes along i will sell green yellow

It does suck that over here in the uk we have got no tv scedual at all for season 3
    I hope there will be torrents on mininova

8. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Im still passing till I see him in the show, if he is this color I will go straight and and buy him, if not im holding out for repaint

9. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Personally I think he's one of the weakest Animated figures. He's okay, but there's nothing I really like about him, and a black deco wouldn't make any difference.

I don't care for the alt mode, and it's an unimaginative transformation.

10. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Pick him up, even if there is a repaint further down the line. He's an excellent figure, especially considering there's almost nothing to work with (motorcycle TFs are pretty tricky to pull off, I'd imagine) Very posable and very sturdy for such a lanky character. The color might be a bit off putting, but in person its not as bright as some would make it out to be.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think Oil Slick is a pretty cool guy, eh has two neat modes, a clever transformation and doesn't afraid of breaking the Animated norm by having a big nose instead of a big chin.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think the only reason he's black is because it's his Cybertronian form. If and When he gets an Earth form, I bet he'll look like the toy.

13. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I smell a digibash coming!

14. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    In those teaser pics that Wyatt posted, when Oil Slick is next to Cyclonus, he doesn't seem to have his bulbous nose. Perhaps I'm just impaired?